Bank holiday weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alinaee

handbag and i were looking at riding out on monday too if you'll have us!!

mike e

I'm quite happy to train it out to Windsor, how long would it take to ride? I am better catching the earlier train to London?

mike e

OK, it's booked. Arrive St Pancras 08:09 Bank Holiday Monday. Meet other London based cyclists, ride to Paddington, meet other London based cyclists, train out to Windsor

Fast train - Padd 08:51 Windsor 09:20
Slow Train - Padd 08:57 Windsor 09:39

Both trains - change at Slough

Return Padd to Windsor £8.50, not sure if cheaper in a group.

So, anyone wanting to meet me at St Pancras at 08:09 or Paddington at about 8.30pm feel free

May need to consider booking bikes on the train, or travel on both trains if there's lot's of people?

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I go away for 5 minutes:rofl:

So, we meet Mike at the station, roll down to meet Mac on the A30 (to be arranged) then Martin can show us the delights of windsor and co (some of us have to be up at 3am tues) and we'll make up the rest on the day.

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=77574 - I just doodled something, with minimal, planning, climbing, flints on road etc - follows the Thames for a bit and we might even see the SittingFat duck at Bray, home of Heston Services Blumenthal - Littlewick Green is a nice cricket ground (The Cricketers pub there too) - no sign of a fixture on their website though :smile: and a spin through the Park and down Crimp Hill,(Union Inn / The Oxford Blue pubs) through Datchet to the finish.
Some of the roads around the Castle will be quite busy I expect. You Windsor, you lose some...

Other ideas variations on this collective ride? Not definitive - but suggestive. :biggrin:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I'm easy on where I meet up with folks, though don't see a lot of point in me schlepping all the way to London, on my own, just to turn around and come back. Checking the maps Windsor station is about 18 miles from home for me and it's about 22 miles from St Pancras, so seems a pretty good start/meet point. If we said something like 11am at Windsor then everyone has time to cycle there.

redjedi

Über Member
I should be able to make this one on the Monday

Bring your earplugs MacB ;)

Shall we run a poll to see what Davy's excuse for not joining us will be?

My moneys on a dead leg or dodgy kebab :evil:

Top Bottom