Bank holiday weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
des.o said:
I'm up for this if I may. Tried picking my way through the thread, but still not sure on the arrangements... assuming you are riding out to Windsor after Mike's early o'clock arrival, any chance that the route comes though Chiswick/Kew or nearby and I could jump on there?

Pm'd you Des...

The recce ride today was a pleasant sojourn into the sunkissed reaches, nay Beeches, of Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and beyond.
2mfgrkh.jpg

Slough brought its juxtaposition of naff and crass together - no point in bombing something that already looks blown up. Even the atmosphere had potholes.

jpifkj.jpg

I picked up some houmous and pitta bread for Monday - left it stashed at the side of the road with barely a clue how to find it...

2cfwuh.jpg

This was the dellzeqq style 'off road' section - great view! And I chatted with a woman who had a great pair.
Parsons Jack Russells they were, and she advised me of a roadworthy route - just need to find it on the map now - the bridleway is a no-no for 23c fairies like me. (I did this recce on my Veneto + 25 M+ - so I was 'protected')

1zyvqcg.jpg

Culture stretched as far as the eye could see...A combined exhibition by Jake the Peg and Jack Vettriano knocking 'em for six in Bray...

rcor9k.jpg

In Eton, they know how to make a long-distance cyclist welcome...

1zwp9bq.jpg

The latter part of the ride - in Windsor Great Park - Smith's Lawn. (This morning, Mr Smith's lawn was being finely trimmed with a robot lawn mower.) Amazing sight - back garden lawn, as far as the eye can see! If the polo finals are on Monday - that will be a spectacle!

The weather - excellent. The company? Couldn't understand a thing he was talking about.

redjedi

Über Member
Looking good 'teef...... the ride not you :biggrin:

des.o said:
I'm up for this if I may. Tried picking my way through the thread, but still not sure on the arrangements... assuming you are riding out to Windsor after Mike's early o'clock arrival, any chance that the route comes though Chiswick/Kew or nearby and I could jump on there?

Aperitif said:
Pm'd you Des...

Could I be privy to this PM? I would like to know what time I need to crawl out of bed.

I'm guessing you'll be passing at about 9.30.

clivedb

Guru
Sorry to all who have been putting this together but I am having to rearrange my weekend and cycle on Sunday instead of Monday. Have a great time and see most of you on Friday/Sat for the Whitstable FNRttC.

Firming up the timings time now:

We start with a big clock at 08:15 - St Pancras.
mikee
lee
alinaee
handbagee
zebradee (aka Davy :biggrin:)
mee
steveevw

08:20 - Fenchurch Street, thence to St P for rendezvous:
Sig and tc with dj? &steveevw

Direct to Windsor Central - with all the cafés:
MacB
Crock
mistral
orienteer

Adding into the mix en route:
des o (if he's not on time he'll be 'des o late' :sad: ) Neros, Chiswick
redjedi Coach & Horses, Brentford
&steveevw

Anyone who wants to amend this list,(apart from steveevw) please copy and paste with amended or added details so we are all together at some point on Monday. :wacko:
And, of course, please do the same if you want to ADD your name to this list of Informal Riders...'The Monday Mouseketeers'.
Not a difficult ride - quite nice in places*

*Serving suggestion
Caution: This ride may contain nuts. (and steveevw)

mike e

Hello everybody, I'm back from the Lakes and ready for another adventure......

The Lake's weekend involved lot's of walking (no bikes at all), nearly getting lost and some mixed weather which was largely ok..ish.

The Bank Holiday will hopefully involve lots of cycling (no walking at all, unless Teef has planned something evil), not getting lost (were talking people's back yard's here) and brilliant weather (because were in the south and it's always sunny).

Des, glad you can make this ride

DJ, hope you can too

Sig, always room for cake in my bag...:rolleyes:

Everyone else, see you all soon.

I'm on the 05:36 Sheffield to St Pancras 08:09 train, which means I only need to leave the house by 04:00...:biggrin::sad::biggrin:...or should that be...:sad::sad::sad:...no it's definately...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:...because it's going to be worth the early start.

Peter

Aperitif said:
Firming up the timings time now:

We start with a big clock at 08:15 - St Pancras.
mikee
lee
alinaee
handbagee
zebradee (aka Davy :biggrin:)
mee
steveevw

08:20 - Fenchurch Street, thence to St P for rendezvous:
Sig and tc with dj? &steveevw

Direct to Windsor Central - with all the cafés:
MacB
Crock
mistral
orienteer
Peter

Adding into the mix en route:
des o (if he's not on time he'll be 'des o late' :biggrin: ) Neros, Chiswick
redjedi Coach & Horses, Brentford
&steveevw

Anyone who wants to amend this list,(apart from steveevw) please copy and paste with amended or added details so we are all together at some point on Monday. :biggrin:
And, of course, please do the same if you want to ADD your name to this list of Informal Riders...'The Monday Mouseketeers'.
Not a difficult ride - quite nice in places*

*Serving suggestion
Caution: This ride may contain nuts. (and steveevw)

You know I can't resist :rolleyes:
I'll be pootling along towards Windsor - aiming for 10:30

Top Bottom