Bank holiday weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't worry about that Sig - mikee's bringing the one he stole last time! :smile:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Quick update! Ride was going very well, untill I broke a spoke just gone 12pm!

Now just back at work (where I keep all my bike parts) and spare wheel swopped back over and now going back to join them, where ever they may be in Berkshire!!

Currently at mile 71.6 and I want the ton!!

Cooo-eeeeeeeeee! I'm back, having left the Whitewallnuts at 'the office' and Red, Des, Kat and mikee heading into Windsor for a beer train ;)

Apart from the excursion around the back of the fire, police and ambulance station in Maidenhead it didn't go too badly. I can only say thanks to a nice bunch of Monday Mouseketeers - only the true hardcore making it up Crimp Hill to the Guards Polo Club, The Obelisk and King George.:laugh:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Am still in the office! God am sooo tired!!

Fantastic day out, absolutly shattered! Too shattered to even make it to my kebabery! and still another 10 mile to go home! Should finish over 125miles for the day...

Well done Aperitif for the great ride and well done one and all for doing it, it was a slog! Especially Crimp Hill!! It goes on and on and on and on and on and Ariston!

Write up tomorrow when am alive! Heart Rate monitor sais am dead!

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Just had some tea, left Sig and Alina just before big ben, Alina jumped a red light and got pulled, Sig on train.

photos tomorrow. night night.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
I am still awake!!! I dont know how long its been ????

Did 78 miles for the day, I am happy with that in the circumstances.

Had a great day and thankyou TC for startng the thread and thanks to Martin for all the organising and the fuzzy felt:smile:!!!!

Things that initialy stick in my mind; was firstly getting in a mad panic while standing waiting for everyone at St Pancreas and then suddenly everyone turning up all at the sametime and the imense releif that followed. Oh and realising what Martin meant by a big clock!!!

Davy managing to wangle out of two quite nice hills and wagging off back to his office and a quick kip while we burnt ourselves out in the sun.

The pub, great food and good company the locals put up with us, but I guess it was obvious we werent staying.

Katz giggling alot:laugh: and Allinae (sorry spelling) bulldozing her way across the Shires on her huge bike!!!!

Big respect to Sig for carrying on stoically after her run in with a wasp!! She didnt winge about it and was great til the end, hope you are ok sig.

Oh and the sound track to the ride Mikeee, although I was a tad worried about him at one point as he didnt seem quite so talkative as he had on the Southend ride!!!! Maybe it was the change in altitude!!!:laugh:

redjedi

Über Member
Just got back.

Chickened out of the ride back to Brentford, so went for a well earned beer with Mike, Des and Kats.

Got off the train at Feltham , but with a 25 min wait for the connection, decided to ride home.

Now time for a cold beer and a shower...... Maybe the beer first :laugh:

mmmm. ...Kebab sounds good, but I'm to tired to go back out :laugh:

I've got a few pics to post tomorrow

GrasB

Veteran
I've just realised an epic fail on my part, I've have completely forgotten to go for a ride this weekend. I've been to busy repairing & maintaining my cars, reading random c**p on line & conversing with Uni types to get on a bike :laugh:

alinaee

topcat1 said:
Just had some tea, left Sig and Alina just before big ben, Alina jumped a red light and got pulled, Sig on train.

photos tomorrow. night night.

how on earth did you know that?? were you following us?? or do you have some savvy spy cam???

des.o

Veteran
Raffles are the new rapha....

A magical mystery tour from Aperitif - one of my favourite rides this year, reminiscent of long gone school holiday adventures at times. The kind of day out on a bike that I'd love to take friends who 'don't get' this whole cycling malarkey on.

Cheers to all for the excellent company and Aperitif for pulling together an unexpected treat.

slu4g0.jpg

King mikee III chats to Prince Des O'IV as they plot the addition of the word 'Culloden' to the Obelisk...

So many questions. :biggrin:

Top Bottom