Bank Switch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
FD get very good feedback.
I’ve been with Natwest for 30 years, rarely need a branch but luckily there are still several within a 5 mile radius, some even open on Saturday.

Lucky you ref close-by and open Saturdays !

They do ref feedback. And have been exceptional and pain-free to date.

The only one issue they present (me ?) is the inability to pop in and grab £xxxx if buying a vehicle / toy etc. But you can't base your Banking on a once in a Blue Moon event......

vickster

Legendary Member
Lucky you ref close-by and open Saturdays !

They do ref feedback. And have been exceptional and pain-free to date.

The only one issue they present (me ?) is the inability to pop in and grab £xxxx if buying a vehicle / toy etc. But you can't base your Banking on a once in a Blue Moon event......

Probably one advantage of living in the London suburbs!

Yes. I didn't realise they did. I had no intention / need to change. But was 'forced' to because my branch was closing.

So the fact i then also got paid £175....along with other incentives to effectively stay 'in-house' seems somewhat of a nonsense........
I’m with FD and think they’re great. Been with them for years.

It made me chuckle that you were “forced to change because your branch was closing” when FD have no branches at all.

Could have gone app based banking with HSBC? Mind you, Mrs Optic does that and FD is way better in most respects IMHO

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I’m with FD and think they’re great. Been with them for years.

It made me chuckle that you were “forced to change because your branch was closing” when FD have no branches at all.

Could have gone app based banking with HSBC? Mind you, Mrs Optic does that and FD is way better in most respects IMHO

HSBC were awful with my mortgage when I had one. Sold my pension on to someone else; and from under my feet. Had / currently have Neanderthal rates on savings. And generally appear uninterested in the U.K. market. Confirmed by their own Staff…

The fact my last bastion of having something of use to me periodically (An actual bricks and mortar branch) was about to disappear; sealed the deal for me.

Top Bottom