Banned driver drove away from court

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Crush the drivers!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
A chap that I used to work with had a spare licence. He had mislaid the original in a house move, got a replacement then found the mislaid one, in a box a year later. Or so he said. Anyway, when he had been banned for drink driving for a year (2nd offence I believe) he handed over licence. He then used the ‘spare’ licence and carried right on driving. This was before we had the photo ID licences, so early 90s or so.

I never had a lift from him. I preferred the bus.

MarkF

Guru
It doesn't matter, it's bye bye car, someone somewhere will be losing out and I can't see them not chasing the driver for compensation.

How do you think Bradford has more supercars on the roads than anywhere outside London? It does not matter if these people say bye bye to a McClaren or a Ferrari, never mind the umpteen Golf Gti's racing around, it's an acceptable loss considering the sums involved.

stephec

Legendary Member
How do you think Bradford has more supercars on the roads than anywhere outside London? It does not matter if these people say bye bye to a McClaren or a Ferrari, never mind the umpteen Golf Gti's racing around, it's an acceptable loss considering the sums involved.
They all must have a registered keeper, no matter who's driving them.

stephec

Legendary Member
The police had a Lamborghini on show behind the Town Hall, seized thanks to having false plates, and no registered keeper/owner.

And no VIN plate so that it isn't traceable either?

Whoever was driving that wasn't someone who just commits the odd traffic offence though, and if he wasn't the usual dodgy driver of it I bet he doesn't fancy going back to Mr Big and saying, "sorry boss but the law stopped me and took your car away."

classic33

Leg End Member
And no VIN plate so that it isn't traceable either?

Whoever was driving that wasn't someone who just commits the odd traffic offence though, and if he wasn't the usual dodgy driver of it I bet he doesn't fancy going back to Mr Big and saying, "sorry boss but the law stopped me and took your car away."
Possible. They had put plates, standard, on that were older than the car. The car itself stuck out like a sore thumb.

But that's what enabled them to size it. I'd say there was more to it than just the plates, any day.

MarkF

Guru

Boss won't be bothered, it's an acceptable risk, a business was raided the other day that had an estimated £2M A DAY IN CASH being handed in! These supercar hire companies of McLarens, Lamborghinis and Ferraris to Bradford's yoof are, and this will come as a surprise to you, not actually car hire companies......

100's of cars are racing around here without any (genuine) registered owner.

stephec

Legendary Member
Boss won't be bothered, it's an acceptable risk, a business was raided the other day that had an estimated £2M A DAY IN CASH being handed in! These supercar hire companies of McLarens, Lamborghinis and Ferraris to Bradford's yoof are, and this will come as a surprise to you,
Boss won't be bothered, it's an acceptable risk, a business was raided the other day that had an estimated £2M A DAY IN CASH being handed in! These supercar hire companies of McLarens, Lamborghinis and Ferraris to Bradford's yoof are, and this will come as a surprise to you, not actually car hire companies......

100's of cars are racing around here without any (genuine) registered owner.
You can't believe it goes on can you?

It sounds like the plot of some crappy, low budget, British gangster film starring an actor who used to be in The Bill.

Top Bottom