Bar Mitts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
...No not the Jewish male coming of age ritual^_^ a product to keep the hands warm.

road-mitt_lg.jpg

fp-4_lg.jpg

Wondered if anyone has them, seem a good idea, but I like to change hand position every few min and want to ask if you could with these?

WEBSITE

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Looks a bit of a faff, and a little dangerous. Especially if you need to move your hands quickly.

Oh yes....they do look awful as well. ^_^

zizou

Veteran
A similar idea called pogies (they look sort of like oven gloves attached to the bars) is popular amongst snow bikers...but that is in places like Canada or Alaska in the winter

chewy

...and these improve on gloves how?

sidevalve

Über Member
Probably OK for a short commuting ride where you don't have to swap bar positions and can just ride on the hoods. Similar things are sold for m/cycles and work reasonably well. They are better than gloves because they protect all the fingers [individual little heat losing radiators] and form a "still" pool of air around them. Main fault I can see is in the rain. If your stood in traffic the rain is just running down inside and it appears you could end up with your hands in two little bags of cold water.

I allow myself to use full-finger MTB gloves on very frosty days. They keep my hands warm enough.

The problem is my nose - which those Bar mitts appear not to do anything for.

They were popular on motorcycles when I was a courier in the 80s... But I avoided them. They were a bit too GT550 for me...

But... I was a late convert to over-shoes on a bicycle and in the frostiest of winter weather they are just .... lovely.

Thank you and carry on.

Reactions: gaz
Top Bottom