Bar of soap or shower gel /liquid soap?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Martok said:
I use Dove Beauty Cream Wash as it's mild and can be used on the face, unlike most other liquid soaps.

Bloody Hell Mate, if that's your picture in your avatar I think you need to go back to good old soap.

OP
OP
G

gary r

Guru
Fnaar said:
I used to LOVE coal-tar soap... that smell made me want to eat it... I actually bit into one, once :smile:

didnt kids used to get a bar of soap rammed into their mouths for swearing?? can you imagine it now"come here Johnny whilst i squirt some of this liquid soap in your mouth":biggrin:

I prefer soap in the shower / bath but liquid soap for hand washing.
Although currently soap for hand washing is diluted solid soap anyway... so the bottle is reused (or it gets refilled with 'real' liquid soap).

Globalti

Legendary Member
Be careful with diluted solid soap - it won't contain any preservatives and could grow bacteria, which will make it smell awful and won't leave your hands too clean either!

brokenbetty

Über Member
Soap, solid shampoo, also solid body bars instead of moisturiser and solid face cleanser as well.

I wanted to reduce how much plastic I throw away, and also it seemed daft to lug toiletries that were mostly water backwards and forward on the bike when I was going to use them in a shower full of water.

A lot of the stuff comes from Lush. I do find the smell of the shops offensive (and the chummy chummy-ness of the assistants) but it's only a few minutes every couple of months.

If you use Lush stuff it's a good idea to stock up in bulk as if you spend more than a certain amount (maybe £20?) they usually let you chose a free gift from the rest of the stock.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
vernon said:
Every now and then i treat myself to a chunk of Karma soap from Lush.

That is my favourite smell ever:wahhey:
Dont often get the soap but would have a panic attack if I ever ran out of the perfume:thumbsup:

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Liquid soap for showers, but bars for washing my hands. Liquid soap is useless if you need to use a nail brush.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Bar of soap, un-scented. Shower gel and liquid soap just wash off in two seconds whereas the solid stuff hangs around to do the business.

I suspect the liquid brigade buy bottled water, as well. Pitiful. :biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Bars of soap for the bath or shower - ye cannae beat it!

At the mo I seem to be getting into Pears soap, but it's usually Shield or Palmolive. If I had to choose a Lush soap, it'd always be "Honey I Washed The Kids" - smells good enough to eat, that!

I do use liquid soap for hand-washing, mainly because it's less messy on the bathroom sink.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
For in the bath/shower - bars of soap from the Body Shop - but I think I'm the only one who uses them. For other things especially in the kitchen I prefer the liquid soap because if your hands are covered in something like raw chicken then you can squirt some soap without covering the soap in what you are trying to remove.

Top Bottom