Bar of soap or shower gel /liquid soap?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Regularly used, soap is pretty hygienic but there's nothing worse than a dried out old bar with cracks full of dirt and bacteria.

My late sister used to have a hand towel hanging in the downstairs loo, which never got washed because it was always there whenever we visited, getting more and more black and stinky. Yuk.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Pears soap for me.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I've just moved back to soap as it seems to last a lot longer than shower gel and be cheaper too. The liquid hand soap is good though.

I seem to be able to get a better lather with the soap, although it does make the shower tray slightly more slippery.

Mark_Robson

I'm afraid that its bars of soap for bathing and liquid soap for washing our hands. The reason for using bars of soap for bathing is purely down to cost, because the kids can empty a bottle of liquid soap in no time at all and it ends up being very expensive trying to keep up with their wastefulness.

Keith Oates

Janner
Bar of soap for me, easy to use also leaves me feeling clean and refreshed after a good rinse under the shower. Gels seem to leave a sticky feeling to the skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plax

Guru
Mr Plax is obsessed with the white bars of Imperial Leather and won't use shower gel (this is despite always getting some form of Lynx shower gel every christmas, he has started quite a collection).

I personally tend to use shower gel more. I take Radox 2 in 1 shower gel into work as you can use it to wash your hair as well so saves lugging shampoo and conditioner around.
If I use soap it'll be Dove or something from the body shop (their christmas cranberry one was lush). I have liquid soap in the bathroom and a bar of fairy soap in the kitchen.

I prefer bars for handwashing as most of the liquid ones dry my hands out. The anti-bacterial ones are by far the worst for it (and washing up liquids too.

Anyone else see the irony in the dettol advert for a hygenic liquid soap dispenser, the selling point being that the bit you push is some sort of anti-bacterial thing to stop leaving anything on it? Surely the only time you push it will be to get some soap out to wash your hands anyway...

Night Train

Maker of Things
Bar of Simple Soap for me. No colour, no purfume and easy to use.

I also get loads of Lynx and similar shower gels and skinky sprays given for Christmas having said 'no' to the socks I don't/won't wear.

Piemaster said:
Anyone else see the irony in the dettol advert for a hygenic liquid soap dispenser, the selling point being that the bit you push is some sort of anti-bacterial thing to stop leaving anything on it? Surely the only time you push it will be to get some soap out to wash your hands anyway...
A bit like the Toilet Duck stick on.
If it can't kill the germs in the cage then what good is it in the rest of the toilet?:wacko:

Top Bottom