England : Lincolnshire Bardney Loop Sunday 11th March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Calling @Supersuperleeds, @13 rider, @Lilliburlero, @wajc, @Saluki and anyone else near Bardney.

@Supersuperleeds, @13 rider and myself have spent a lot of this year doing silly century rides to Lincolnshire just to get the train home. Seeing there are at least 2 other cc-ers nearby, I was wondering if we could coordinate a ride together whereupon the 3 of us (and @Lilliburlero if he wants) will ride upto Bardney, stop for lunch in the faux railway station (around 12:30) meet anyone who wishes to join us and then ride a slow 25-30mile loop to the North of Bardney. After that, we'll head for the train!

Here's a prospective route of the loop bit as an idea: https://www.strava.com/routes/11482191

I was thinking of doing this in March as I'm free apart from the weekend of the 24/25th.

Do people fancy trying this out? Which weekend would suit? Feel free to tag more Lincolnshire people!

(Hope I've explained myself ok!)

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Sounds good to me, will let you know if I can make it nearer the time.

I need to find out if the train you get back goes to Burton on Trent.

OP
OP
T

tallliman

Guru
It doesn't, it's Lincoln to Leicester stopping at nearly every station....I guess you could change at Nottingham but I don't know if you can get a direct train to Burton.

13 rider

Guru
Count me in .
Paging @Saluki

screenman

Legendary Member
Seeing as I live in Bardney it would be rude of me to decline if I am available, that said it is a few days after my birthday and we are often away for that.

The route looks interesting mainly narrow country lanes with one short section of A road. I have rode my bike on all those roads on hundreds of occasions and will likely do so a few times before the event.

wajc

Veteran
Hi, I'd be up for a meet if I'm free - it will be good to see other max square/cluster enthusiasts/cc ers

I shall be riding the Bomber County Audax on the 17th and may get involved in the Easter Fleches to York on the 30th/31st as well that month though.

I've had a look at your routes and was going to suggest a more pleasant route in to Lincoln (along the Sustrans path) but I see that you've ticked those squares off already and I guess that's not the main point of the ride.

Here's my 24x24 max square and some of the extent of my local exploring....the lines go as far as Newcastle, Norfolk and the South Coast!!

View attachment 379243

I may meet up with you on the way to Bardney - then I can act as a look out when you're trespassing, I mean exploring on Sir James Dysons land. Can't imagine he'll be there to shout 'Get orff my land!" though.

Cheers

Paul

OP
OP
T

tallliman

Guru
@wajc, you've seen through my square grabbing plan!! :laugh: That image is a bit out of date now!

Lots of interest so far but which day is best for everyone? Discounting ones that people have mentioned leaves the 3rd/4th/10th/11th?

OP
OP
T

tallliman

Guru
@Chris Doyle, of course! My only word of warning is that we may have to split between two trains if there's 5 of us....it should be ok but I guess we should be open to the possibility!

Would Sunday the 10th of March suit everyone?

Top Bottom