England : Lincolnshire Bardney Loop Sunday 11th March

Discussion in 'CycleChat and Recreational Rides' started by tallliman, 28 Dec 2017.

1. tallliman

tallliman Über Member

Calling @Supersuperleeds, @13 rider, @Lilliburlero, @wajc, @Saluki and anyone else near Bardney.

@Supersuperleeds, @13 rider and myself have spent a lot of this year doing silly century rides to Lincolnshire just to get the train home. Seeing there are at least 2 other cc-ers nearby, I was wondering if we could coordinate a ride together whereupon the 3 of us (and @Lilliburlero if he wants) will ride upto Bardney, stop for lunch in the faux railway station (around 12:30) meet anyone who wishes to join us and then ride a slow 25-30mile loop to the North of Bardney. After that, we'll head for the train!

Here's a prospective route of the loop bit as an idea: https://www.strava.com/routes/11482191

I was thinking of doing this in March as I'm free apart from the weekend of the 24/25th.

Do people fancy trying this out? Which weekend would suit? Feel free to tag more Lincolnshire people!

(Hope I've explained myself ok!)

2. Lilliburlero

Lilliburlero Pro sandbagger

Sounds good to me, will let you know if I can make it nearer the time.

I need to find out if the train you get back goes to Burton on Trent.

3. OP
    OP
    tallliman

tallliman Über Member

It doesn't, it's Lincoln to Leicester stopping at nearly every station....I guess you could change at Nottingham but I don't know if you can get a direct train to Burton.

Lilliburlero likes this.
  4. Lilliburlero

Lilliburlero Pro sandbagger

Thanks, will look into it :thumbsup:

5. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

I should be in. Currently sat in nice pie so will look at the route when I get home. If we do it towards the end of the month it might be a special ride for me

Chris Doyle and Lilliburlero like this.
  6. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Nice pie? Will there be pie? :wahhey:

Chris Doyle likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    tallliman

tallliman Über Member

Well, it can't be the 24th as I'm in Newcastle! The full route from Lufbra is here: https://www.strava.com/routes/11158778

8. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

Nice Pie is a tea room that a few of us go to on a regular basis.

9. 13 rider

13 rider Guru

Count me in .
    Paging @Saluki

10. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

Seeing as I live in Bardney it would be rude of me to decline if I am available, that said it is a few days after my birthday and we are often away for that.

The route looks interesting mainly narrow country lanes with one short section of A road. I have rode my bike on all those roads on hundreds of occasions and will likely do so a few times before the event.

Lilliburlero likes this.
  11. wajc

wajc Senior Member

Hi, I'd be up for a meet if I'm free - it will be good to see other max square/cluster enthusiasts/cc ers

I shall be riding the Bomber County Audax on the 17th and may get involved in the Easter Fleches to York on the 30th/31st as well that month though.

I've had a look at your routes and was going to suggest a more pleasant route in to Lincoln (along the Sustrans path) but I see that you've ticked those squares off already and I guess that's not the main point of the ride.

I may meet up with you on the way to Bardney - then I can act as a look out when you're trespassing, I mean exploring on Sir James Dysons land. Can't imagine he'll be there to shout 'Get orff my land!" though.

Cheers

Paul

12. OP
    OP
    tallliman

tallliman Über Member

@wajc, you've seen through my square grabbing plan!! :laugh: That image is a bit out of date now!

Lots of interest so far but which day is best for everyone? Discounting ones that people have mentioned leaves the 3rd/4th/10th/11th?

13. Saluki

Saluki I've run away with my friends to..

Count me in. I work every Saturday though. I either need a bit of notice to swap a shift/book a holiday or could we do a Sunday at all?

Lilliburlero likes this.
  14. Chris Doyle

Chris Doyle I’m just that somewhere in between....

Room for one more?

@Lilliburlero there is a train direct from Nottingham to burton.

Lilliburlero likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    tallliman

tallliman Über Member

@Chris Doyle, of course! My only word of warning is that we may have to split between two trains if there's 5 of us....it should be ok but I guess we should be open to the possibility!

Would Sunday the 10th of March suit everyone?

Chris Doyle likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice