England : Lincolnshire Bardney Loop Sunday 11th March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Chris Doyle, of course! My only word of warning is that we may have to split between two trains if there's 5 of us....it should be ok but I guess we should be open to the possibility!

Would Sunday the 10th of March suit everyone?

That suits me just fine. I’ve got the Rutland Startline the weekend before so this will cap off a good month for me! If we have to split trains then again that’s not a problem, I’ll probably get off at the parkway and ride home from there.

wajc

Veteran
Would Sunday the 10th of March suit everyone?

Sounds good to me.

Seems incredible that people are riding all the way from Lufbra as you call it, to then ride some minor farm tracks near me, in the quest to be able to say they have ridden in a particular virtual square . That's VV squares for you, bonkers but brilliantly addictive and will take you to places you'd never normally go.

See you all in March.

OP
OP
T

tallliman

Guru
Sounds good to me.

Seems incredible that people are riding all the way from Lufbra as you call it, to then ride some minor farm tracks near me, in the quest to be able to say they have ridden in a particular virtual square . That's VV squares for you, bonkers but brilliantly addictive and will take you to places you'd never normally go.

See you all in March.

You've summed it up well!! The bit you miss is the fact that it's pretty flat and normally a tailwind all the way (aside from when we did Boston and the whole of the Water Rail Way....70 miles of headwind!!)

screenman

Legendary Member
You've summed it up well!! The bit you miss is the fact that it's pretty flat and normally a tailwind all the way (aside from when we did Boston and the whole of the Water Rail Way....70 miles of headwind!!)

Did you do the summer route at Bardney?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Sorry I can't be with you then. Have a great ride!

OP
OP
T

tallliman

Guru
No worries @mjr!

@Saluki, I'd have thought those of us from Leicestershire will leave around 7ish for the 70miles so would have thought we'd be at Bardney heritage centre somewhere around 12 to half 12 for a bite to eat and then set off around 1ish-half 1? Depending on when everyone arrives!

I think we have @Supersuperleeds, @13 rider, @Chris Doyle and maybe @Lilliburlero from Leicestershire-way

Then @Saluki, @wajc and perhaps @screenman from Lincolnshire way.

Any more?

No worries @mjr!

@Saluki, I'd have thought those of us from Leicestershire will leave around 7ish for the 70miles so would have thought we'd be at Bardney heritage centre somewhere around 12 to half 12 for a bite to eat and then set off around 1ish-half 1? Depending on when everyone arrives!

I think we have @Supersuperleeds, @13 rider, @Chris Doyle and maybe @Lilliburlero from Leicestershire-way

Then @Saluki, @wajc and perhaps @screenman from Lincolnshire way.

Any more?

I’m down with that!

OP
OP
T

tallliman

Guru
3 weeks to go!!

This ride has been the one thing keeping me going this year. It's not been a good year to date due to persistent knee trouble and various bouts of flu. However, I managed 70 miles today so should be good to go!!

screenman

Legendary Member
If I do not get better I will be jibbing out, wave as you go up the road into the village, not been on the bike for 4 weeks now. What type of speed are you hoping to average for the bit around here? that may be the deciding factor if I have not been back on before then.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
If I do not get better I will be jibbing out, wave as you go up the road into the village, not been on the bike for 4 weeks now. What type of speed are you hoping to average for the bit around here? that may be the deciding factor if I have not been back on before then.

We honestly ride to the slowest persons pace so don't let speed concerns stop you coming

Top Bottom