Bargain Bianchi ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Given that bianchi always carry a premuin price - how much of a bargain is this

https://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/58578/#

...its older 105 - would I be able to put a 32 cassette on ?

2018 version is £2500 ?
How is it older 105? Isn't 5800 the latest 11 speed?

For 11-32 cassette you'd need a medium cage mech presumably (if that isn't one already)

I'd say it's still pretty costly given its 105 and has very basic wheels

Ah there's an R7000 whatever the difference might be

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sure you could put a 32t cassette on.

I'd very wary about believing that RRP. Rather than buying discount I'd recommend you buy product.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Sorry I should have been more precise with my question.

The RRP of the 2018 version of that bike is £3k - generally though it can be got for £2400 - Therefore I wondering if the 2017 model @ £1900 is a good deal (in relative terms)

Of course there are 105 equipped bikes cheaper - but that wasn't what I was asking.

Re the cassette I am not sure on there version whether you can just whack a 32 cassette on - without putting a longer cage on etc.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Spec claim and photo shows a GS rear derailure so yes a 32 will go on. You may need a longer chaina nd a tweak of the B screw though.

Syd

It doesn't look to be a better bike than the Decathlon 900 cf at £1399.
Or Planet X are doing their Pro Carbon frame with Ultegra for £1199, SRAM Force for £1099 or Rival for £999.
Oh come on! Apart from being bike shaped there is no comparison between a Planet X frame and a Bianchi one. That’s were some of the money goes!

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Oh come on! Apart from being bike shaped there is no comparison between a Planet X frame and a Bianchi one. That’s were some of the money goes!

I see his point - but for me spending £1400 on a bike I didn't really like isn't money as well spent as £1700 on a bike that makes you go 'Wow' - all about opinions though.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sorry I should have been more precise with my question.

The RRP of the 2018 version of that bike is £3k - generally though it can be got for £2400 - Therefore I wondering if the 2017 model @ £1900 is a good deal (in relative terms)

Of course there are 105 equipped bikes cheaper - but that wasn't what I was asking.

Re the cassette I am not sure on there version whether you can just whack a 32 cassette on - without putting a longer cage on etc.
£100 for mech, chain, cassette?

Ask Hargroves what the mech is so you may only need the cassette and chain

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'm just suggesting alternatives. Whatever bike makes you happy is the one you should get, regardless of discounts.

chriscross1966

Über Member
My two thoughts I guess is that if I'm paying the Bianchi tax I want to see more Celeste on the frame and a Campagnolo groupset... but that's me... if you can get Hargroves to swap the cassette and chain as part of the deal then that seems reasonable, but there are plenty of Bianchi's kitted with 105 for around or even under a grand, including those gorgeous Vigorelli steelies...

T4tomo

Legendary Member
OP yes that's a cracking price as it's a excellent frame, the CV technology is excellent for damping road vibrations. The bianchi equipped teams ride, or have ridden that frame in the cobbled classics (albeit with better wheels) .

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
OP yes that's a cracking price as it's a excellent frame, the CV technology is excellent for damping road vibrations. The bianchi equipped teams ride, or have ridden that frame in the cobbled classics (albeit with better wheels) .

Do you or have you owned a Bianchi? - is the Celeste difficult to keep clean ?

I am wondering whether to hang on for 2019 models - as then the 2018 price might drop - and \ or cycle-solutions might have stock -

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I have the Infinito CV in celeste. Not really difficult to keep clean at all. I tend to give it a quick wipe with a kitchen wipe as it goes into shed. Certainly better than white!

Paint job aside there isn't likely to be any diff between 2018 & 2017 model. It's the same frame, just depends on kit combo.

If a Bianchi has taken your fancy then you will not be happy until you have one (or maybe even a few...). The Infinto CV is possibly one of the best bikes ever made. 105 is adequate. Bianchi really is another level for ride, handling and style. And the Infinito is the easiest to live with, in terms of not being too demanding a ride.

Top Bottom