Barry Cryer dies aged 86

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Very sad news, one of the most underrated comedians and comedy writers. Go and meet up with Humph, Willie and Tim.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Wow, that's a huge loss to the comedy world. He was an utter genius in his field and I saw him in ISIHAC in Glasgow a few years back. I've never laughed so much in my life; two hours of tears running down my cheeks and a face aching from constant laughter.

In one of the usual rounds, where the challenge was to come up with a new song by removing a single letter from the original, his answer still cracks me up: "My Grandfather's Cock".

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Barry Cryer has died aged 86.
A great comedy writer and comedian in his own right..
Edit, sorry for the post, I see there is already one.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A great comedy writer and comedian in his own right.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
"Barry Cryer and John Junkin" were words to fill my teenage heart with glee, listening to radio shows like I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again under the bedclothes. "1939....the storm clouds were gathering over Europe.....and where I was in Yorkshire it was chucking it down." I don't think he ever aged...he was always appearing as a talking head on some nostalgiafest, and he always looked just the same. Always unfailingly cheerful, palpably nice, and very very funny. One of the very best - RIP.

Top Bottom