Barry Cryer dies aged 86

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Very sad news, one of the most underrated comedians and comedy writers. Go and meet up with Humph, Willie and Tim.
He may be underrated by the general public, but he was revered in comedy circles and by many of the modern comedians.
he has traversed generations of the changing comedy scene when so many of his contemporaries fell away as being out of fashion.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Such a funny man and responsible for material on many of the shows that brightened my childhood. What a great legacy of gags and performances to leave behind.

Not Barry! :sad:

PS... has anyone ever seen @cyclops and the Grim Reaper in the same room together?
These items are the only reason my mum still buys the local rag - which has sod all in it these days (when I was younger at least it featured chip pan fires) - when her generation go the paper will as well. She complained recently after searching the small ads that no-one had died. I told her to ask for her money back (it costs significantly more than a full paper with lots of reading)

and Jeremy Hardy too sadly.
well remember seeing him perform in a pub just off the caledonian road in london - was being recorded by the beeb before he became well known, and when "alternative comedy" still meant something. Before he went on he was nervously chewing on white pills of some sort - indigestion tablets I hope.
He was good that night.
RIP Cryer.

Top Bottom