Base Rate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
And yet again the BoE hold Base Rate at the extremely low figure of 0.1%.

Committee 7 to 2 in favour.

Caught between the need to curb inflation back to the c2% target and not wishing to weaken the fragile economy; this must have been a tough decision.

Hints that this will change at the next review on December 16th abound in the more considered media.

Money markets or savers have already moved upwards with 1.7 - 2.0% fixed rates on mid-term locks available so they are clearly expecting a shift upwards.

Makes the new NI Green Bonds at 0.65% looking like a mockery.

Looking likely that the absurdly (imo) low mortgage rates (that help fuel house price values) will come to an end over the next couple of years.

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
At last - a shift upwards.

Doesn't seem much when looking at the projected inflation figures. Although a sharper rise would almost certainly have scared the bejeebers out of the Lemming infested markets.

gbb

Legendary Member
At last - a shift upwards.

Doesn't seem much when looking at the projected inflation figures. Although a sharper rise would almost certainly have scared the bejeebers out of the Lemming infested markets.
From a purely selfish point of view, they can raise taxes as much and as high as they liked, no mortgage, good savings, there's been nothing for us for years.

Top Bottom