Basic simplified Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craig kennedy

I am a geek
Hey all

Looking at insurance, because if I am going to start cycling more I want to be covered.

I have looked at quotes and I am not much clearer.

I want the following cover.
  • Bike gets stolen while not at home (household covers it when its here)
  • I have an accident and cause damage or injury to others
  • I have an accident caused by others and have injury or damage to me or bike
Can anyone advise who is best, not the most expensive and one that covers the above

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Speak to your household provider, I made a call & negotiated what I wanted. I get all of that for a few quid a month & have my couple of more expensive (£500+) bikes specified on the policy for proper replacement value.

byegad

Legendary Member
CTC or British Cycling membership covers the last two. The first can be >10% of the value of the bike per annum. As I own in excess of £5000 of trikes I decided some 6 years ago not to bother, so I've 'saved' over £3000 in premium since then.

IFF you can add your bike(s) to your home insurance it will be a lot cheaper than the 10% but at £1600 for my cheapest trike they wouldn't cover it in my case.

vickster

Legendary Member
Some policies come with indemnity and legal cover, ask the provider. You'll need to check with them about bike cover for theft anyhow

I have British Cycling cover for the other two, £34 a year, also get 10% off at halfords and chain reaction

Top Bottom