Basic Turbo Training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
I

IanG1

Don't shatter my illusions already guys, only want to keep the legs moving and the heart pumping in between weekend rides. Regardless of the numbers etc surely something is better than nothing. Spent last night downloading loads of cycling stuff from youtube to play on the laptop (WiFi a bit weak down the bottom of the garden) while I turn the pedals. Looking at the local weather for Sunday the trainer may be the only ride I can get this weekend.

something is better than nothing - no argument there!

OP
OP
I

IanG1

Bit more of an update, I had been toying with idea of getting a cycle computer with cadence for a while to help me on the road and picked up a Boardman one for £32 against the £50 odd in Halfords. Hooked it up on the bike (bit of a pain to get the wireless cadence sorted but managed it) I have now done 4 sessions in the past week using my HRM and the cadence as a guide. I have done intervals of warm up and various intensities going up the gears and maintain my normal 90rpm. Chuck in the ocassional 1min all out sprint and finish off with 5 minute warm down for a total time of around 50mins/1hour. Laptop is hooked up and I am scouring youtube for anything cycling that runs for around an hour and pedal away. Never sweated so much in my life and hopefully this will keep me sorted over the winter. Hopefully the weather will pick up and I will get out for an actual proper ride this weekend????

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Did my first session on it tonight, mixed it up a bit 10 minute warm up spin then 10 mins fat burning 5 mins spin them 10 fat burning you get the idea, put in a 1 min flat out all I had then 5 min warm down. Total time around 45 mins and my cadence was 90/100 rpm in both spin and fat burning. Time went by pretty quick sat in the garage with the radio on and to be honest I quite enjoyed it. The cadence felt like my normal road cadence. Sweat started to drip off me and according to my HRM I burnt 470 calories so all in all a good start.

I have just started using my turbo and it is boring the shoot out of me. I am just doing a steady cadence/resistance most of the time though so it is boring. Maybe if I mixed it up a bit like you are it would be more interesting. I get everything that you saying except when you say 10 minutes fat burning, what exactly does this entail? Thanks for any help.

I also need to buy a big fan, was murder yesterday.

sickboyblue

GCN have a couple of interval training videos on their youtube channel. I did the 20 minute one a couple of days ago and it almost ruined me! Also the hour long video they have includes some "interesting" close ups of one of the girls taking part...:whistle:

jarlrmai

Veteran
I can't do turbo without music and even then an hour with intervals is all I can take, I think I miss the cars ;)

Top Bottom