BBBB old age.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Old age it creeps up on all of us.Me and Mrs Postman have just been over to look after her parents for a day,and do some housework and diy gardening work,i had to re-point a circle patio thing.Not all of.Mrs Postmans mum,has a bad back that is crumbling,she is in agony,so Dad has all the chores to do.Mrs Postmans sister goes over to clean but she has broken her wrist and when trying to keep it dry in the bath,slipped and fractured two ribs.Dad is knackered his own words.bless him.So we are booked in to do a big late summer early autumn clean up of the garden.Including cleaning moss and weeds from between a long block driveway,only one way to do that on yer knees with a scraper and wire, brush i am not trying to get points here by telling you all this,because some of you will be doing the same,it's just because they are so grateful,damn you old age,you rob people.

if you can get hold of a jetwash/pressure waser for the block paving , it will save your back and knees and remove the moss and weeds too

BSOh

Über Member
Blimey that's a run of bad luck for the family! You're right of course, it does rob people.

Luckily for your family they have you, nice one Mr. P. And best wishes to your family for a speedy recovery (or rather recoveries) .

Levo-Lon

Guru
Pressure washing a block drive is ok but its best done with a flat surface cleaner, ' better to kill all the moss and weeds.

Most people ruin their drives with pressure washing.
As they don't know what their doing.
Not to mention the wasted water.

We are in a similar position to Postman, vis a vis Mrs Salad's dad. He is well into his 80's, in poor health, and lives alone in a flat on a retirement village. We go to see him a couple of times a week, sometimes more, but it's a 120 mile round trip each time. Up until recently, it's been enjoyable, as he is normally quite positive despite his infirmity. But in the last few weeks he has been much more down, and I find it difficult to try and keep him feeling up beat.

We share the caring load with Mrs S's sister and brother, but for all of us it often feels like "one step forward, two steps back"......

But, looking on the bright side, we haven't been throwing ourselves headlong and breaking any limbs, in the style of Postman's relatives!

Top Bottom