Oh to be 23 years old again - or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
@DCLane in another thread referred to being 23. Assuming you are over that age would you like to be back at that age? Or not?

No picking and choosing - you can't have a 23 year old heart and legs without the hormones and (in my case at least) stupidity.

I don't think I want to go through the heartaches, anxieties and pain again, so I think I'll stay here.

Slick

Guru
I reckon I was all the man I was ever going to be by 21 and by 23 I was on my second mortgage and second endowment, so yeah I would go back, even if it was just to tell myself there was more to life than work.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Are you allowed to know that you've gone back 40 years in my case to being 23 again, or will you just be 23, not knowing you've gone back to being 23? If it's the former it'd be nice in some ways to have many years taken off your age, knowing it's happened. If it's the latter it wouldn't mean much as you wouldn't know you'd been made young again. I mean if it's the latter I'm 63 now, but I could've been 103, but not knowing it wouldn't give me pleasure as I wouldn't have any recollection of being very old. 🤔

I think the problem is, being 55 but thinking and feeling 35.(in your mind/heart)
The things you try to do when you think your 35, then feeling the pain after, when you remember your 55

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I was 23 in 1980. I had been at work for 7 years, had several promotions by then, I was earning good money, I was fit, playing football on a Saturday, work shifts allowing. I was in a squash league and riding TT's for my club.
I was having the time of my life.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@All uphill - my inadvertent error's raised an interesting quandry.

At 23 I got married, moved country, took out a mortgage and, in the eyes of most people, was settled and happy. But on reflection more than a little naïve with a lot of learning to do and definitely struggled financially.

Would I want to be 23 again? Yes, but I'd probably make the same mistakes as I did back then, then learn from them. So maybe there's no benefit.

Ah 23 - I had graduated uni, didnt have a job befitting my qualifications and had recently dropped out of a post grad course. On the other hand I was having a fabulous time with my friends, had moved out of home permanently (though I didn't know it at the time) and my only worries included "Do I have to work Saturday as I'm getting wasted on Friday" and "Do I have enough booze till last until Sunday?".

Also this song is all about being 23:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7l5ZeVVoCA

I'd do it all again for free :okay:

Top Bottom