BBC Radio 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
'They' means those who pay the license fee.
The BBC, on our behalf... I mean, I really am desperate for them to keep him on!
No wonder, even after probably half of it going in income tax he ain't gonna retire till he's told to do so.
I had a quick look on a tax calculator. Even if he didn't claim any allowances, he would be getting about £5k/week after tax/NI.

Nice work if you can get it. And keep it. And carry on keeping it... :whistle:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
i stopped listening to the radio years ago, Maz will sometimes listen to 'Planet Rock' in the Kitchen or Summerhouse but often ends up shouting at it and switching it off when they play something she doesn't like.:laugh:

PaulB

Legendary Member
My listening choice where radio is concerned is Radio 6 - until 4pm, I can't stand Lamacq or Radio 2 from 10.30-10.45 weekdays, Radio 4 from 2.15 to 3.30 weekdays and sports channels at the weekends.

Ken Bruce would be my favourite R2 presenter, but my go to station is R4 or Classic FM - other stations presenters don’t catch my vibe.
In the past LBC, with Tommy Boyd was great in the evening, with a phone in show about CN&A chat. The general public seemed to be much more civilised even when there were arguments.

Jeremy Vine was the single reason behind my leaving regular radio. He is nothing but a sh*t stirring tw*t who never lets his guests actually speak their opinions on a given topic then riles them up further by talking over them and trying to cram his own thoughts and opinions in their mouths, then the two opposing guests start talking over each other, not actually listening to what one another has to say and it becomes farcical.

These days it’s all about Spotify and/or podcasts for me. I’m not interested in the news nor other peoples’ analysis of it nor endless repeats of Adele/Ed Sheeran followed by adverts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
I often listen to Radio 4 Today breakfast program, what annoys me is their dropping of it on Sundays in favour of a religious cult program, I exercise my right not to tune in on Sundays, I wonder how popular this program is.

I rarely listen to any of the so called BBC ‘national’ radio channels. I would listen to them more if they weren’t so overwhelmingly English. Most of what they report/discuss is of little relevance to those listeners outside of England :sad:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Some of the internet radio stations are good if you have it available. Pick whatever genre you want whether it be 60's, classical, ambient, etc but you do have to put up with a few ads.

Milzy

Guru
I’d say bbc radio 2 is more aimed at 30-50 year olds, but you do get older guests on the show & old timers messaging & ringing in. Jeremy vines debates are great & very balanced & subjective. If callers don’t agree with each other it’s no big deal unlike on here where the thread will be locked.

Top Bottom