BBC UK Citizenship test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
What on gods green earth have any of those questions got do with life in Britain, I’m genuinely baffled.
I think you'd have to ask the Beeb that, as they are not actual questions from the citizenship exam.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I think you'd have to ask the Beeb that, as they are not actual questions from the citizenship exam.
What makes you say that? The beeb claim they are, and they're certainly bizarre enough to be. It's well established that the test is more of an exercise of your memory for trivia than your readiness to become British, and since for several years it's been administered by Home Secretaries who have been dedicated to keeping people out of the country it's all part of a package of measures to do that.

I'm afraid I'm not going to spend £12.99 to buy the book to cross refer the questions.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
The beeb arent explicitly stating that they are. Read the wording.
"Life in the UK test - a sample of questions"

It takes a particular perversity to read that as anything other than the claim that these are a sample of questions from the life in the UK test.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
"Life in the UK test - a sample of questions"

It takes a particular perversity to read that as anything other than the claim that these are a sample of questions from the life in the UK test.

I got 9/12. Bang on the pass mark. This included guesses.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
A citizen is a legally recognised subject or national of a state or commonwealth. Ergo, regardless of the democratic system - or otherwise - we are citizens.

France is indeed a republic. Sometimes it's even ruled from Paris instead of Berlin.
You are only envious because we have formed a strong alliance with Germany whereas Britain will soon be very isolated from the rest of the world and desperately looking for "friends". :okay:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I had a foreign grandparent which might explain my poor score of 8/12.
Should I pack my bags?
All mine are midlanders, so I'd no idea about farking Northumbria or poems set in Sweden, or English poems actually, and I've never owned a dog - so apparently I'm not British. Which I suspected anyway for a long time, describing myself as English. Now could I have my red passport and corresponding citizenship back, please? ;)

Top Bottom