BBC upgrade to HD..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Ditto - all streamed for over 2 years now.

How many people still organise their lives around when terrestrial broadcasters decide to broadcast a particular programme (?) - assuming that they have a decent Broadband connection avalible.
Probably not many except for live events, but lots set the video recorder. Why waste broadband and let the daffodils track you when terabytes of shows are being sent to your home untracked every day?

tom73

Guru
We've built in freeview on our TV nothing look's to have changed for us. For every thing else we just airplay via our Apple TV.
Plenty of one off cost options around most don't need or even use all the channels they pay for.
Ditch sky and find a one off cost option that works for you.

bobzmyunkle

why to let the daffodils track you
Who are these mysterious daffodils? It's not some sort of euphemism for the Welsh is it? And if it is why are they tracking me?
I 'tape' things because ITVX etc won't let me fast forward the adverts. Have you lot got a way round that - other paying daft money for something labelled premium?

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I 'tape' things because ITVX etc won't let me fast forward the adverts. Have you lot got a way round that - other paying daft money for something labelled premium?
Whoever invents a way of recording catchup TV will have my eternal gratitude.

It's Sod's Law that the only one AFAIK that you can currently download is iPlayer, where of course there aren't any ads to FF past. :smile:

Mike_P

Guru
Sounds far too complicated.

Probably not that far from such boxes being available. The existing satellite and terrestrial digital services only have a few years left and their is no guarantee on them continuing. The mobile phone operators want the Freeview frequencies so TV by broadband will most likely be the norm.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
The existing satellite and terrestrial digital services only have a few years left and their is no guarantee on them continuing. The mobile phone operators want the Freeview frequencies so TV by broadband will most likely be the norm.
I don't see a cessation of broadcasting via satellitehappening.

Top Bottom