Be alert - Britain needs Lerts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Team, I've unticked all my notifications, but still get alerts when mods delete one of my posts.

Mods can delete whatever they want and I'm fine with that, it's their job. I'm also fine with not wanting to know when they do. Is there some way I can switch them off that I've overlooked? - entirely possible, knowing my rather weak computer skills.

Man thanks in advance.

B

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Put the mods on ignore? :whistle:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Team, I've unticked all my notifications, but still get alerts when mods delete one of my posts.

Mods can delete whatever they want and I'm fine with that, it's their job. I'm also fine with not wanting to know when they do. Is there some way I can switch them off that I've overlooked? - entirely possible, knowing my rather weak computer skills.

Man thanks in advance.

B

Don't upset the Mods, and hence, don't get your posts deleted ? ;)

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I didn't think I'd upset them, certainly didn't intend to upset them, and have no issue at all with a post being deleted. I've got more important things to stress over than a post being deleted. I'm totally cool with it.

I simply don't want to know when a mod does so. I'll figure it out easily enough when I see my inane ramblings are no longer there.

If there is some greater issue then a mod is always extremely welcome to have a polite discussion, and some cheerily do. some of the mods are genuinely lovely people and I do chat with them (I'm not suggesting the other Mods aren't also jolly lovely, only that I've never chatted to them!)

But all that is an aside. I just don't want a dose of Lerts.

Last edited:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
@Drago - I think you get an Alert because, when we Delete or Edit a post, there is a box we can tick to "Notify author of this action. Reason:....' with the reason for Deletion inserted. We sometimes tick this to explain/as a courtesy. :okay: :hello:

If you don't want to be informed, we'll try to remember !
HTH :okay:

[... goes looking for Drago posts to Edit, Delete, otherwise mess with... :evil:]

[... gives up under sheer weight of numbers :eek:]
:laugh:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Oh bless you Monsigneur Scoosh.

Obviously, if I'm well out of line I expect a PM instructing me to bend over and accept a good thrashing and wouldn't bicker over such matters.

It's just the Lerts. For some reason I see a Lert and panic, almost like seeing the "no brakes" warning light pop up on the dashboard while doing 70 on the motorway. Totally irrational, but there you go.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I didn't think I'd upset them, certainly didn't intend to upset them, and have no issue at all with a post being deleted. I've got more important things to stress over than a post being deleted. I'm totally cool with it.

I simply don't want to know when a mod does so. I'll figure it out easily enough when I see my inane ramblings are no longer there.

If there is some greater issue then a mod is always extremely welcome to have a polite discussion, and some cheerily do. some of the mods are genuinely lovely people and I do chat with them (I'm not suggesting the other Mods aren't also jolly lovely, only that I've never chatted to them!)

But all that is an aside. I just don't want a dose of Lerts.

Yes I have a lert, but I am in Cognito at present with limited internet.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I didn't have Drago down as a first world problems kind of guy! ^_^

Screenshot_20201220-152713_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I'll admit its weird, bizzare, and utterly irrational, but for some reason the moment I see that alert marker I nearly have a coronary. Utter daft, but the only way to avoid stupid momentary panics is to switch them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom