Be careful out there.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Glad you're not to badly hurt. You must be feeling shaken up by the whole experience though.
I've started using a go pro camera recently to record my rides. Hopefully it will never have to used as evidence but its there just in case there is one.
All very best đź‘Ť

OP
OP
bigjim

bigjim

Legendary Member
Police rang this morning to check details and inform me there was nothing they can do but log it. Said he would ring them and let them know they've had a complaint.

There do seem to be more taxi`s about at the moment, can`t think why. Perhaps notice more because of less traffic about and the standard is quite appalling, formula 1 want to be`s along with one driver yesterday looking blatantly into her lap, I wonder what was there ?
Glad you are OK, at least you reported it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Is this GMP. They don't give a shoot about cyclists I'm afraid. Both Skolly and I have had bad experiences with them, despite us both receiving very bad injuries.

Smudge

Veteran
Police rang this morning to check details and inform me there was nothing they can do but log it. Said he would ring them and let them know they've had a complaint.

I bet the taxi company will just deny it, this is what companies do nowadays if you dont have any evidence or witnesses.

All uphill

Still rolling along
That's really not good enough.

I recently had a disappointing experience with Police here and got a good result going direct to the commissioner copied in to my MP.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Hope you are OK and find some other way to identify the vehicle. Any cctv in the area ?
Incidents like these are why I run cameras front & rear.

Brooks

I'm a little confused with this, is this vehicle a proper licensed Taxi or is it a miniscab as there is a world of difference between the two?
People seem to call them both taxi and cabs but it can only apply to one group and that is the licensed Taxi driver.
The miniscab is your fly by night chancer that people seem to love as their cheap, trouble is cheap comes with a price.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes GMP. You only do what you can. At least it is recorded.
You have the name of the company, lodge a complaint with your council licensing department. They have to keep a record of all complaints lodged.

They may also check with the company if it's not the first complaint they've received about them. They cover both taxis and private hire vehicles. If it's not your local council, but you see their side plate on another vehicle, check to see who issued their operators licence and make your complaint there.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
This is the reason I always say in this day and age, you need to cameras, front/rear on you cycles and motor vehicles. Too many idiots around and sadly too many cars on cloned plates that are even worse they will just crash into traffic and drive off let alone, a cyclist.
If they're using cloned plates, cameras probably won't help. Probably also the sort for tinted or angle-mirrored windows. :sad:

Top Bottom