Be careful who you marry.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ThinAir

Do more.
I've never been single to be honest. The latest one I've been with for the best part of 20 yrs. it ain't broke so I don't need to fix it :smile:

I get bored far too easily to remain with someone for that long. My stubbornness doesn't help matters either. I don't like being told what to do or having my life planned for me!

Schmilliemoo

Wax on, wax off...
I'm very lucky in that I've met my match. Others I've been out with are far too easily walked on. This one manages to be supportive and look after me ( which I fight against naturally ) yet not be a doormat. We've split up a couple of times but I'm afraid he'll always be the one. Sorry lycraman!

ThinAir

Do more.
I'm very lucky in that I've met my match. Others I've been out with are far too easily walked on. This one manages to be supportive and look after me ( which I fight against naturally ) yet not be a doormat. We've split up a couple of times but I'm afraid he'll always be the one. Sorry lycraman!
Lycraman is gonna be sobbing into his cereal when he reads that!

Variety... The spice of life!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
at times my daughters mum still seams like she is controlling my partners and my life for various reasons .

a lot of it is down to her not being organized the rest of it is down to her being a sad bit@@

compo

Veteran
I get on well with my first ex, who is the mother of my children, although we only have contact if our paths cross. I have absolutely no contact at all with my second ex, with whom we had no children so have no need of contact.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
The OH's ex wife is being such a pain in the arse that I almost feel a bit cross with him for marrying her in the first place.

I'm trying to be calm and serene and helpful to stop him going over the edge, so I've come here for a little rantette, cyclechatters.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate all ex wives, I'm an ex wife myself. But the one in question is a right corker.

I think this is a pretty common thing. And I think a rantette on CC is exactly the right way to let off steam.

Bear in mind, though, that if you give him a hard time about it (I'm not suggesting for a second that you do) it probably adds guilt to the usual cocktail of regret and resentment.

I've tried to appreciate the better side of the ex Mr. AH (if you see what I mean) and, when I've failed I know that I've let her down.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
The OH's ex wife is being such a pain in the arse that I almost feel a bit cross with him for marrying her in the first place.

I'm trying to be calm and serene and helpful to stop him going over the edge, so I've come here for a little rantette, cyclechatters.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate all ex wives, I'm an ex wife myself. But the one in question is a right corker.

They are irksome at times, ex-wives some ex-wives are not at all sane when it comes to their ex-husband, and indeed some wives are not sane when it comes to their husbands ex.

I was briefly married when far too young, we grew up, grew apart, divorced - all v.v.v.v. amicable and that was that, never saw him again for about 15 years. Anyhoo when I did see him a mystery was solved.

When Squidge had started school in the next village a lady used to give me really nasty evil looks in the playground, I could never work out why as I didn't recognise her at all then I bumped into the ex at the school (on a surreal note it was Squidges last day before transfer to this village school) realised that the lady in question was his wife.

I would cheerfully hug the OH's ex by the throat she is a thorough and utter pain in the bum - she is a piece of work that one. We joyfully have a 400 mile seperation, I have only met her once I said hello & smiled (she had insisted on meeting me when he took children back) I said hello & smiled, she ushered the children in & slammed the door in my face - cue enormous legal bills, OH not seeing his children & still fighting to see them 6 years on.

We muddle through too, and yes like you sometimes I do blame him & resent the cost & the stress and and and and and we have likewise with mine

My ex is delightful. We split he was arrested, found guilty etc - Squidge was 2 weeks old when 5 pm in the afternoon stone cold sober with no previous indications of violence he beat me, systematically & viciously when I was clothed there was not a mark on me you could see, I later found out he had done it to previous partners. When I could get to my 2 week old baby I picked him up and ran with nothing but a baby bag and what I was wearing.

Now you would think in that situation I would be the pain in the bum and some might say justifiably so, I am proud and yes I am proud to say I am not, he might consider me a pain but that is only because I do things to prevent him being a pain.

For example previously he used to willy nilly move dates around on when he was having him and if I said no as it was not convenient to a date change I would end up in court after some lie he had made up (love legal aid - not) nothing would happen in court but it was a pain and also cost me money.

Well long story short he now gets a list of dates in advance for 2 years I do not change it at all we work around it so he has to as well. He does not pay CSA as he went self employed and does not earn enough now. So now when he insists he needs me to buy this or that or the other for a weekend when Squidge is there I refuse (He used to get his CSA reduced by saying he had to purchase things) Squidge used to go with v.decent clothes to his which would come back covered in oil etc from his workshop and be ruined, now I send the same thing every time bought specially from the back to school range of PE stuff (the 2 packs of shorts, jogger, 3 packs of polo shorts all cheap) and yes it is a if he does not like it he can put his hand in his pocket.

oh dear I am ranting now - must be catching

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Thanks for the support, CycleChatters. The ex-wife is a real nasty piece of work, she's being particularly irksome at the minute.
She's winding OH up into a frenzy, being very manipulative via their children.
I'm trying hard to keep calm and measured, in part to help him keep calm, in part because I don't want to make the situation any worse. Ho Hum.

Schmilliemoo

Wax on, wax off...
Thanks for the support, CycleChatters. The ex-wife is a real nasty piece of work, she's being particularly irksome at the minute.
She's winding OH up into a frenzy, being very manipulative via their children.
I'm trying hard to keep calm and measured, in part to help him keep calm, in part because I don't want to make the situation any worse. Ho Hum.

Ah yeah that happened to us too. Once one of them went home and said he "liked me" and all hell broke loose

Hard when kids are involved. I as the other woman have to understand that. Doesn't make it any easier, but the worst I can do is make an issue from my side with my OH in the middle.

It has gotten easier with time. Good luck xx

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Ah yeah that happened to us too. Once one of them went home and said he "liked me" and all hell broke loose

Hard when kids are involved. I as the other woman have to understand that. Doesn't make it any easier, but the worst I can do is make an issue from my side with my OH in the middle.

It has gotten easier with time. Good luck xx

Our ex-wife seems to be getting worse! I I think it's because the kids are growing up. Two have just left full time education at the same time meaning the amount of maintenance we pay her is vastly reduced. I think she see's her grip on the OH slipping away and is desperately trying to cling on.

I don't get it, it was her decision to end their marriage, she got a very good financial settlement, she is now allegedly happily married and financially very well off. I wish my ex-husband was as diligent as hers, but heyho!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
What a tangle web some of you jave to deal with!

When my ex left, I never saw her or heard from her again. Ever. We got divorced online and that was that. She my be dead for all I know.

Top Bottom