Be careful who you marry.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Been done before - remember the 'Bobbit' case years back??!
I do indeed, only in that case the knife-wielding partner had a slight change of heart and the severed member was retrieved from the field that she'd chucked it into, and was surgically reattached. Not much can be done when John Thomas has been put through a waste disposal unit though! xx(

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
I do indeed, only in that case the knife-wielding partner had a slight change of heart and the severed member was retrieved from the field that she'd chucked it into, and was surgically reattached. Not much can be done when John Thomas has been put through a waste disposal unit though! xx(

Surely it didn't function after that though?

ColinJ

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My wife has driven us to move house with her relentless spending and as my mother calls her "dippy" as she just does not have a clue when it comes to money .
Hopefully she has learnt her lesson at last , if it was not for the kids i would probably have thought about my marriage and she did come into my life when i was at a very low point so i think she deserves a second chance.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Blimey, we've now received a threatening email from the ex-wives husband. Quite sick of it all tbh.

ColinJ

Just to show that not all exs are a pain - my ex and I are best friends, 12 years after our big bust-up. Our subsequent relationships didn't work out and we ended up (just!) good friends again.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Just to show that not all exs are a pain - my ex and I are best friends, 12 years after our big bust-up. Our subsequent relationships didn't work out and we ended up (just!) good friends again.

Yes, my aunty and her ex husband are good friends.

I learned as an adult (he didn't tell us any earlier) that my widowed father made a conscious decision not to re-marry as he didn't want anyone to distort, corrupt or otherwise affect the memory we had of our late mother.

I was tiny at the time of bereavement, but had older siblings. I think his decision was a noble and selfless one. In later life he had one or two long and significant relationships, but still refused to marry. The last (she predeceased him by a year or so) was a marriage in all but name. But we were no longer children, which was significant. In fact two of us were parents ourselves. A re-marriage at that age would have had zero impact on us.

He (our father) was a gregarious and attractive man who enjoyed the company of women. Women also seemed to enjoy his company, so our home didn't lack the feminine touch. But there was no unnecessary complication of our young lives with the need to 'choose' between this and that adult at some level or another. I see this too often in young people whose divorced parents have re-married. It is not universal, but it is not uncommon.

I realise that breavement and divorce are entirely different circumstances, but I see my niece and nephew dealing with the uncertainty of divorce, of re-marriage (on one side) and a constant flow of women they get close to and then never see again (on the other) - and I marvel again at the self-control and selfless approach of my father.

I condemn no-one for their romantic choices, but I see among the friends of my children, my wider family and society in general many young lives that are bollocksed up beyond belief by people reproducing with partners they are unwilling to commit to in a meaningful or longstanding way.

If adults are having difficulty dealing with the ex of a current spouse, I feel a tinge of sympathy. But it is the children, who see all, hear all and feel all, who are the parties who will pay the highest price. Not only do they see it all, they are usually unable to process it. I know many young adults whose parents said they took great care that this, that, or the other aspect of divorce and re-marriage didn't affect the children... Yeah, right. That's EXACTLY what the children would say, too. :rolleyes:

I condemn no-one in this matter, but I agree with the OP in the matter of giving VERY CAREFUL consideration to the person you have unprotected sex with or exchange vows with.

I may be very wrong and I usually am.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
I learned as an adult (he didn't tell us any earlier) that my widowed father made a conscious decision not to re-marry as he didn't want anyone to distort, corrupt or otherwise affect the memory we had of our late mother.

I was tiny at the time of bereavement, but had older siblings. I think his decision was a noble and selfless one. In later life he had one or two long and significant relationships, but still refused to marry. The last (she predeceased him by a year or so) was a marriage in all but name. But we were no longer children, which was significant. In fact two of us were parents ourselves. A re-marriage at that age would have had zero impact on us.

He (our father) was a gregarious and attractive man who enjoyed the company of women. WOmen also seemed to enjoy his company, so our home didn't lack the feminine touch. But there was no unnecessary complication of our young lives with the need to 'choose' between this and that adult at some level or another. I see this too often in young people whose divorced parents have re-married. It is not universal, but it is not uncommon.

I realise that breavement and divorce are entirely different circumstances, but I see my niece and nephew dealing with the uncertainty of divorce, of re-marriage (on one side) and a constant flow of women they get close to and then never see again (on the other) - and I marvel again at the self-control and selfless approach of my father.

I condemn no-one for their romantic choices, but I see among the friends of my children, my wider family and society in general many young lives that are bollocksed up beyong belief by people reproducing with partners they are unwilling to commit to in a meaningful or longstanding way.

If adults are having difficulty dealing with the ex of a current spouse, I feel a tinge of sympathy. But it is the children, who see all, hear all and feel all, who are the parties who will pay the highest price. Not only do they see it all, they are usually unable to process it.

I condemn no-one in this matter, but I agree with the OP in the matter of giving VERY CAREFUL consideration to the person you have unprotected sex with or exchange vows with.

I may be very wrong and I usually am.

Very interesting perspective. I also lost a parent as a child and my Mum never so much looked at a man, never mind got together with one.

Me and the OH both had divorce thrust upon us by errant spouses. I feel very strongly that our relationship has been very positive for all our kids, because at the very least they get to witness what a loving, equal relationship between two adults should be.
For the most part, my coparenting relationship with my ex husband is good, we both have our sons bet interests at heart.
Sadly, the same can't be said for my OH's ex-wife, who values her own convenience above what is best for her children. This would be the case divorced or not, so frankly, its probably best that they are divorced as my OH feels more able to stand up for whats best for the kids since they seperated.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
My wife has driven us to move house with her relentless spending and as my mother calls her "dippy" as she just does not have a clue when it comes to money .
Hopefully she has learnt her lesson at last , if it was not for the kids i would probably have thought about my marriage and she did come into my life when i was at a very low point so i think she deserves a second chance.

This is an intriguing post, and has been on my mind on and off most of the day. There are many questions to be asked and, I suspect many complicated answers, non of which are any of my business. Needless to say, reading between the lines this marriage does not seem like a union of bliss.

Top Bottom