Be envious.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeahbut, it's not a Hozan is it? From Japan.
Must admit I have never heard of them in my ignorance Mickle, but am sure it's very nice. So is my cyclo though - one of the jaws is angled which can be handy. Am confident I could get anything off with it.
We do seem to share views on flats though :smile:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I normally use the hex socket. I didn't realise I was doing a Wrong Thing. I intend to continue, because I'm a rebel.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I normally use the hex socket.
1631878534079.png

yello

Speaking of names, I have an Aldi/Lidl one. I'm not sure I've ever used it though, not as a pedal spanner anyway. I think the one that sees active service is a Park Tools one.

That Hozan one though, well, it looks a thing of beauty. In as much as a pedal spanner can be a thing of beauty that is.

Speaking of things of beauty, I've got a something-or-other spanner for my fixed's wheel nuts and that's worthy of an insta post... I know, that would be so much more impressive if I could actually remember the damned make.

Xipe Totec

Frrrg rrrrf yrrrr crrrnds
I always use the Allens. I do have a pedal spanner I don't think I've ever used, although a mate did when he borrowed a bike & swapped his Speedplays onto it - which is how come I know I've got one.

The odd thing is, I don't remember buying it - I'm now wondering if they just sort of coalesce out of random bits of stuff that fall to the bottom of your toolbox over the years.

simongt

Guru
Just one for the discussion. Are 'Allen ' keys strictly speaking, Imperial, with 'hex' keys being any type including metric - ? :whistle:

simongt

Guru
And for the pedantic amongst us, strictly speaking, a spanner is / was the tool that was used to wind up the spring on a wheelock gun to enable the striking action to take place. What we term 'spanner' is, as our American cousins refer to is apparently, actually a wrench. :whistle:
And aren't we all grateful that Mr. Hoover got in first instead of Electrolux - !
'Just going to Electrolux the carpet dear.' :rofl:

Top Bottom