Beards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I usually trim my beard down to No.2 but I've been letting it grow for the last couple of months and it's starting to get quite thick. I avoid the soup problem by trimming off the straggly bits over my top lip, and I still shave my throat to keep it neat and avoid looking too much like a 70s police photofit. My wife seems to like the way it looks but I haven't tested how it feels 'down below' so cannot report on that.

Father Christmas* brought me some beard grooming stuff - how very metrosexual. The set includes a beard comb (like a normal comb but says 'beard comb' on it), some beard balm (no, me neither), moustache wax and some beard oils. WTF is beard oil for? My beard doesn't squeak. It doesn't need oiling. It smells nice though.

*my mum

mythste

Veteran
I usually trim my beard down to No.2 but I've been letting it grow for the last couple of months and it's starting to get quite thick. I avoid the soup problem by trimming off the straggly bits over my top lip, and I still shave my throat to keep it neat and avoid looking too much like a 70s police photofit. My wife seems to like the way it looks but I haven't tested how it feels 'down below' so cannot report on that.

Father Christmas* brought me some beard grooming stuff - how very metrosexual. The set includes a beard comb (like a normal comb but says 'beard comb' on it), some beard balm (no, me neither), moustache wax and some beard oils. WTF is beard oil for? My beard doesn't squeak. It doesn't need oiling. It smells nice though.

*my mum

Anything approaching an inch, or longer, requires beard oil for most blokes. It takes it from looking like uncle Albert's birds nest to something that could pass as "smart". Keeps it from getting too dry and separating yasee.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Anything approaching an inch, or longer, requires beard oil for most blokes. It takes it from looking like uncle Albert's birds nest to something that could pass as "smart". Keeps it from getting too dry and separating yasee.
That's interesting. My winter whiskers were definitely going that way but I got annoyed with them and trimmed them back to 'long designer stubble' length.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer

Ah! That makes sense. I think my beard is perhaps not quite long enough yet to benefit from oiling.

Top Bottom