Beards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
Use duct tape and it's a problem you'll not have to deal with again! :laugh:

It's beginning to get somewhat problematic. The snood sits just below my mustache and my beanie hat sits under my helmet. I look like a hairy storm trooper ninja hybrid.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I saw my ex today, 5 weeks of beard growth after last seeing her, when I was still clean-shaven. She didn't notice that I now have a beard ... I asked her if she noticed anything. Nope. I gave her a clue. Nope. I pointed at the beard ... "Aaaaah, you've grown a beard!" :wacko:

She said that she thinks that it suits me, but that I shouldn't let it get too long. I hate to agree with her, but I do agree with her! I want to keep it through the winter because it can get bloody freezing on winter rides about 1,400 ft up in the Pennines and a beard helps a lot with keeping the face warm. I'll keep it trimmed until the spring and then hack it off.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Ha ha - hang on ...

View attachment 153754

I couldn't face shaving when we had that cold snap a couple of weeks ago. It is very mild now but I bet it will be cold again soon so I will keep the beard until the New Year or until I can't stand it any longer, whichever comes first.

PS

Yes, my whiskers are going grey! I wear a buff everywhere at this time of year because I am balding and my head really feels the cold. I am wearing sunglasses because I only get 5 or 6 hours sleep a night and have huge bags under my eyes which always look even worse in photos (i.e. vanity!).

It looks to me like your bikes should have big engines....

ColinJ

It looks to me like your bikes should have big engines....
Ha ha - my sister said that her ex-husband recently turned up to visit their kids on his new Harley! He only passed his test the week before and it is his first motorbike - I hope he doesn't end up like a lot of other middle-aged men who scratch their motorbike itch!

I thought about buying myself a motorbike, but realised on reflection that I would probably end up wrapped round a dry stone wall somewhere. I have had near misses on bicycles at 50+ mph. I could see myself making a serious mistake at 100+ mph on a motorbike. I'll stick to pushbikes! :okay:

Milzy

Guru
I don't get why all these young men have them. Why cultivate what grows around your bum hole all over ones face?? Some guys at work spend 30 pound a month on beardalizer tablets which are prob just supermarket multi vitamins rebranded. :sad:

ColinJ

I don't get why all these young men have them. Why cultivate what grows around your bum hole all over ones face?? Some guys at work spend 30 pound a month on beardalizer tablets which are prob just supermarket multi vitamins rebranded. :sad:
You do realise that beards are actually natural, don't you? :laugh:

What you are really asking is "Why allow your face to do what comes naturally rather than committing yourself to a lifetime of shaving to suit a fashion for bare male faces?"

At the risk of being controversial, one could ask a similar question in reverse ... "Why do so many women try to make their bodies look like those of pre-pubescent girls by shaving/waxing?" :whistle:

Do what you want to do and don't worry what other people think! I'm keeping my whiskers for a few more weeks while it is cold, then I will get bored/irritated with the beard; it will be gone by the Spring.

david k

Hi
Ha ha - my sister said that her ex-husband recently turned up to visit their kids on his new Harley! He only passed his test the week before and it is his first motorbike - I hope he doesn't end up like a lot of other middle-aged men who scratch their motorbike itch!

I thought about buying myself a motorbike, but realised on reflection that I would probably end up wrapped round a dry stone wall somewhere. I have had near misses on bicycles at 50+ mph. I could see myself making a serious mistake at 100+ mph on a motorbike. I'll stick to pushbikes! :okay:
I had big motorbikes in my early twenties, I get the urge for a large touring bike now and then, or a rev and rip scooter for knocking about on but always talk myself out of it for that very reason, if I die now from my own misadventure then it affects others, when I was younger it was just some blokes down the pub who would miss me and forget me just as quick

I've got my winter beard at the moment, I start growing it from my birthday (near end of October), and shave it off on daughters birthday (early April)
Up to today, it's not had a single hair trimmed (9 weeks)
It may turn into a goatee, after the 1st January??
See here, for it up to yesterdays growth; https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/any-runners-on-here.110181/post-4610225

Just trimmed it, quite severely, as I've been to my barbers this morning (not been to her, since part-way through November)

Top Bottom