Beast from the East

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Still think she was going too fast for the conditions.

That's possibly a misleading impression given by the wide field of view of a dashcam. What it does is to stretch the foreground such that objects close to the camera look further away than they actually are.

This is useful on a bike because it helps to minimise the effects of camera vibration and rolling shutter through putting severe foreground shake further back in the image where its amplitude looks less.

However, what it also does is to make approaching vehicles appear to be faster than they are because they seem to be travelling more distance (the stretched foreground distance) in a given time than they actually are.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
The Beast is back.....our back garden at 7.00 am this morning, and it is still falling

Local weather forecast says it will be gone soon - hope they are right.

upload_2018-3-8_8-10-24.png

Stephenite

Membå
A colleague of mine was in London at the weekend. She was shopping with some friends in a department store and on the way out they were warned to be careful in the heavy snow. How ironic, she thought, coming from the north of Sweden to... oh! a few flakes of snow wafting whimsically through the air.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Oh please no!! That f..kwit is out with his gritting shovel and bucket again!:stop: He's chucking lumps of the stuff all over the place! I'm going to contact the housing association and ask them if they could let me have the key to the grit supply and let me be the grit monitor,not him.:ninja:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Go accy, .............viva la revolution
I'm going to launch an assault on the grit bunker and hope my fellow residents join me in overthrowing the f..kwit!:gun:

classic33

Leg End Member
Yesterday we had warm(ish) spring sunshine:sun:. Today i woke up to see the traffic crawling in 2 or 3 inches of snow:eek:. When will it all end? This has to be worse than the winter of 1963. :cry: :cold: :unsure:
We'd snow, waist deep on some roads, round here at the end of March '94. I did part of the MLTB Summer training course.

First time the person running it had insisted on ice axe and crampons for everyone.

A colleague of mine was in London at the weekend. She was shopping with some friends in a department store and on the way out they were warned to be careful in the heavy snow. How ironic, she thought, coming from the north of Sweden to... oh! a few flakes of snow wafting whimsically through the air.
I guess it depended on where in the country you were ... we had a crazy amount and the roads still aren't clear yet.

Top Bottom