Beast from the East

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_P

Guru
I've just returned from a late evening ride (Thames Valley / East Berks) and the Garmin was showing a range of -2c to -3.5, a bit nippy but nice and dry.

Apparently it is going to get a lot colder with possible snow mid next week.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Yep. British Rail announce that Spring will be delayed a while longer. Passengers are advised to wrap up warm. The next train at this platform will return to Winter

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
The weather forum I lurk on has a lot of excitement about this as it's apparently going to be the coldest air from the east that we've seen for many years and there's a a good expectation of snow for the south and east.

Likely to be bitterly cold but mostly dry where I am, although I'm keeping an eye on a low that is currently modelled to come in and bump up against the cold air as it runs along the Channel late next week. The Midlands would be likely to get a good dumping of snow if that happens.

classic33

Leg End Member
The weather forum I lurk on has a lot of excitement about this as it's apparently going to be the coldest air from the east that we've seen for many years and there's a a good expectation of snow for the south and east.

Likely to be bitterly cold but mostly dry here, although I'm keeping an eye on a low that is currently modelled to come in and bump up against the cold air as it runs along the Channel late next week. The Midlands would be likely to get a good dumping of snow if that happens.
Country at a standstill then?

Dave7

Legendary Member
If the temperature dips below -20 then I will get up at 04:00 and do a 20 mile ride in the nude.
If not then I will stay in bed ^_^

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Just checked the BBC weather app and it says the coldest we are going to get here in super-chilly N Derbyshire is -3 degrees. Where is this -20 forecast coming from? Even allowing for regional differentials it sounds most unlikely

Thermal, short sleeved top and an ultralight windproof thingy this afternoon was plenty warm enough on the bike.

Top Bottom