Beast from the East

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
That’s a brave admission, Phil.....that you lurk on a weather forum. Is there a special anorak that you wear when you are doing that? :whistle:
No, just the same one as I usually wear round here.;)
It's the one where the arms do up at the back.... ;)^_^
I can go off people you know.:tongue:

Tim Hall

I'm assuming the usual rule is that "no pics - it didn't happen".

I'm invoking that rule anyway :okay:
Hopefully it's not Rule 34.

gavgav

Guru
Just looks dry and cold in shropshire (-4c lowest) nothing out of the ordinary and not as cold as the arctic snowy blast that December gave us

colly

Re member eR
Just checked the BBC weather app and it says the coldest we are going to get here in super-chilly N Derbyshire is -3 degrees. Where is this -20 forecast coming from? Even allowing for regional differentials it sounds most unlikely

Thermal, short sleeved top and an ultralight windproof thingy this afternoon was plenty warm enough on the bike.

Fake news innit?

midlife

Guru
I remember this pic, 2010 I think

_47061196_greatbritainjpg.jpg

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Blimey Britain does like to flap about the weather doesn't it! The news here has barely mentioned the upcoming cold snap and here's our forecast for next Wednesday:

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 20.18.48.png

the break down shows that it may be a chilly cycle commute in the morning:

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 20.21.04.png

The rest of the week will be a little warmer, but not by much.

Venod

Eh up
Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred, Strong in't arm and good in bed...

Should have gone to Specsavers

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
Blimey Britain does like to flap about the weather doesn't it! The news here has barely mentioned the upcoming cold snap and here's our forecast for next Wednesday:

That is going to be a bit nippy.

But as you know, here in the UK, despite being obsessed with the weather, we lose our minds when it gets hot or cold and go full plebian at the merest mention of snow. Especially those of us who live in the South.

The question is of course, how many of us are still going to be out and about on our bikes. I'll make every effort to continue my humble daily efforts and the only thing that'll keep me from doing so is if it is icy. That ice where snow melts a bit and then re-freezes ice. That is not worth breaking bones for.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I must admit, I've not done much leisure cycling of late. It's just been the commute to work, which isn't too long.

Luckily it's been really dry here, so even with -10 there's precious little ice, just bone sapping cold. I tend to wrap up in a fleece and down jacket to keep warm. My little lad is only 4, but he still rides to Kindergarten every morning with me. It's only 1km away, but in this weather it's a challenge for him, I think Wednesday will be even more so.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The eternally reliable yr.no says this is what we have to come up North over the next week:
002a.JPG

Which I'm sure even soft southern shandy drinkers will agree is hardly the coming of the snowpocalypse, no matter what the BBC weather forecasters and the Daily Express try to hype up.
With this forecast it's doubtful I'll even need to wear a coat this coming week...and Saturday looks warm enough to have a barbeque...;)

Milzy

Guru
Just been out for a run and the air was nice and crisp. I can’t see it getting much colder than it is now TBH.

Top Bottom