Beating my head against the wall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
£4.50? I must put my prices up.

Maz

Guru
If the the valve broke on the new inner tube, I would've told them - it could've been faulty or something.

I remember going to the LBS once and there was a fella in there complaining to the owner that he only had his bike serviced there a few days ago and had already picked up a puncture!

domtyler

Über Member
User1314;310460][quote=Maz said:
If the the valve broke on the new inner tube, I would've told them - it could've been faulty or something.

quote]

It's one of those "long" valves. My hand-pump locks directly onto it. It was the pressure / angle of my pump that broke off the top of the valve.

There's a knack to doing it which I can never quite get right.

Lost a few tubes that way.

Most shops 'll have a track pump near the cash desk that you can borrow.

domtyler

Über Member
User1314;310470][quote=domtyler said:
I'll do that on the way home tonight. When I pick up a spare tube.

£13.50 spent on tubes in one day.

Grrrrrr......

Buy in bulk online maybe?

Wolf04

User1314 said:
I'll think about it.

Thing is I've had a few months of trouble-free cycling and then this. (It started on my way home Friday).

Karma. My bad luck is over now. (Fingers crossed)

Or you still haven't found the sharp that's causing the UDE's

cannondale boy

Über Member
P*nctu*es they are a nuisance. Had one yesterday going over the forth road bridge. Just as i was approching the bridge went past a bus stop and pop...a shard of glass was embedded in the tyre (bloody neds at bus stops). Anyway its a good thing i wasn't at the middle of the bridge 1) it was blowing a gale, and 2) the bridge moves slightly up and down so that would of been great trying to get the wheel back on :biggrin:.

Oh and another thing...very bizzare moment going over the bridge. A motor cyclist near enough lost a spare helmet, which was on the back of his bike, fell off due to the high winds (i think). Luckly enough no drivers were going to fast, but it was a funny scene!

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Had a p*nct*r* yesterday, but found the best way to do it: suddenly heard a loud hissing while I was sat in my living room, and reached the hall just in time to hear the last of the air escaping from the rear tyre.

A bizarre one: the tube just split with no sign of any tyre penetration. But if it's going to happen, sat at home is the way to do it. :-)

Ben

Freewheeler

Had a good one a few years ago. It was a literally freezing night, and I pumped up the tyres to max pressure using a garage airline on the way round to my mates. Got to his flat and brought the bike inside, leaving it in the kitchen. The weather was so cold that he had the oven turned on with the door open, making the kitchen nice and warm.

Anyway, we're sat there enjoying a couple of beers when the most almighty explosion went off in the kitchen. It was bloody terrifying, we both thought it was the gas or something. Turns out I'd forgotten about the relationship between gas pressure and temperature! I think the tyre survived ok, but the tube was shredded. It must have forced the tyre off the rim.

Top Bottom