Because Fixed is cool - fact

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Diggs

Veteran
From last night's Nocturne

060.JPG

071.JPG

Lina from Velociposse

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
That was an amazing race. The four ladies that rocked up to the start line alongside some big guys really exemplified rule 5.

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
It is the fixed gear crit at London Nocturne. Track bikes with one gear, no brakes. A bunch of big strong guys and four brave women. One young lady hit the barriers HARD on the corner we were standing on. She got up with no harm done but as you can see from the photos above, blood was spilled by other riders. It was a great show. Really scarily fast racing. This was my view of the event:-

OP
OP
Diggs

Diggs

Veteran
Thanks @SimonJKH for the updates. I know Lina from Velociposse (pictured above) crashed and cut her leg (and mashed her shoes).
The girl in the Why Be Normal kit is Leeana James from Australia

OP
OP
Diggs

Diggs

Veteran

Wow, great pic. Hope you enjoyed it.

RedRider

Pulling through
Wow, great pic. Hope you enjoyed it.
Yeah, good fun. I'd been busy during the day and only arrived in time for the men's final.
Extraordinary amounts of calf tattooage on display, plenty of Americans in the crowd, intense racing.
The image is from the first corner of the first lap, heavily cropped from a video still so not a lot of skill on my behalf but it captures the mayhem well. The bikes of the guy on his back and the lad with his hand on the floor got tangled up and the pair spent 20 seconds trying to wiggle them apart by which time the race was gone and they abandoned.

Top Bottom