Because I like it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Of course I do, but I'll never admit it in public. It'll mess with my image.

Oh but darn it - you just did.

It'll take years to rebuild that square jawed, gimlet eyed, don't give-a-toss about anyone, hard man image now...

You'll be telling us you swerve to avoid wabbits next ..

You have an image?

Yes, carefully curated by Bell-Pottinger.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I usually say a greeting as I meet other cyclists. Don't now why really, because if I don't most will say nothing.
It shouldn't be a requirement.

Its not a requirement - its just an acknowledgement of fellow human beans - engaged in a similar activity.

Just cos others have lost the art of civil human intercourse - doesn't mean you have to forego yours . :angel:

Its not a requirement - its just an acknowledgement of fellow human beans - engaged in a similar activity.

Just cos others have lost the art of civil human intercourse - doesn't mean you have to forego yours . :angel:
Do you say hi to people waiting at bus stops with you? Or maybe to people going into the same cinema screen as you? You know, “fellow human beans [sic] - engaged in a similar activity”?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Do you say hi to people waiting at bus stops with you? Or maybe to people going into the same cinema screen as you? You know, “fellow human beans [sic] - engaged in a similar activity”?

i will smile if i catch someones eye, at a bus stop yes, or even exchange the occasional pleasantry, or remark about the length of wait, weather or somesuch, yes.

Sometimes - on exiting a cinema i might even - shock horror - inquire as to how others enjoyed the film !!

I'm afraid i'm one of those annoyingly friendly people - who appreciates fellow humans - I like to acknowledge their existence.

I've often found it has led to some interesting - even useful exchanges.

But if, on the other hand, it appears that folks are not in the mood - then i will respect that too

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
On the odd occasion I've travelled by bus I've found that smiling at those still boarding and patting the empty seat beside me leads to a lonely trip.

What even whilst wearing that splendid uniform??

I find that very hard to believe.

I'd be straight there like a shot.

All agog for the tales of fearsome derring done, on the battlefield!!

Top Bottom