England : Bedfordshire Bedfordshire Road Cycling Club or iCycle Bedford?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
..anybody is/was a member in either? Any feedback would be much appreciated!
BRCC are Just around the corner from us,friendly bunch and we'll be paying for membership very soon,went on a new year tt last year and really enjoyed ourselves.From our own personal experience we would reccomend them :thumbsup:

We used to occasionally go out with the Bedford Road Club and a couple of times went to their Clubhouse, very impressed plus they always seemed a nice bunch. We also know quite a few of the iCycle lot who we meet up with regularly at Time Trials, always impressed with their friendliness, however they don't [or didn't] have a club base as such but I think their kit is nicer.
In other words no help whatsoever :smile:.

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
:eek: Nicely done TF!!
Back to square zero I suppose.. :huh:
:laugh:

On a more serious note, thank you! I think they share the clubhouse with the rowing club by the embankment. Or at least that's where their meeting are held.
The things I like about them is that a./ they have both Saturday and Sunday rides b./ they have spinning training every Thursday night and cycling bootcamp training every Monday (not sure if they're any good though) c./ they're tech-wise up to date d./ they seem to have good participation (there were 6 people attending this Saturday's ride and about 9 this Sundays.. ofcourse both cancelled due to the weather, but regardless) e./ I will agree with you they have nicer (and better quality) kit. The negatives.. hmmm it might be a case they get lost into too many activities and maybe (just maybe) they're a bit like a "cracker": just noise!With the BRCC on the other hand you know what you get: the traditional roady club and slightly better annual membership (only by 5 quid though).

Is it morally right to join both I wonder? :cuppa:

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Join what you like! I dislike tribalry, so be in both camps and enjoy the best of both worlds.

I just realise whereabouts you are!! Not a terrible journey there.. I might join FreeWheeling as well!
I do share your views regarding tribalry. I was just not sure if there's a "code" of any sort..

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I just realise whereabouts you are!! Not a terrible journey there.. I might join FreeWheeling as well!
I do share your views regarding tribalry. I was just not sure if there's a "code" of any sort..
Stuff codes, just ride.
You can be a Freewheeler for a whole £3 and we don't care who else you pedal with .... we don't even have a club kit cos we couldn't agree on colour!

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Stuff codes, just ride.
You can be a Freewheeler for a whole £3 and we don't care who else you pedal with .... we don't even have a club kit cos we couldn't agree on colour!

Done! (I think! I am still waiting for a confirmation email or something?.. it should be ok!)
Thanks FF! :smile:

:eek: Nicely done TF!!
Back to square zero I suppose.. :huh:
:laugh:

On a more serious note, thank you! I think they share the clubhouse with the rowing club by the embankment. Or at least that's where their meeting are held.
The things I like about them is that a./ they have both Saturday and Sunday rides b./ they have spinning training every Thursday night and cycling bootcamp training every Monday (not sure if they're any good though) c./ they're tech-wise up to date d./ they seem to have good participation (there were 6 people attending this Saturday's ride and about 9 this Sundays.. ofcourse both cancelled due to the weather, but regardless) e./ I will agree with you they have nicer (and better quality) kit. The negatives.. hmmm it might be a case they get lost into too many activities and maybe (just maybe) they're a bit like a "cracker": just noise!With the BRCC on the other hand you know what you get: the traditional roady club and slightly better annual membership (only by 5 quid though).

Is it morally right to join both I wonder? :cuppa:
We are both in 2 clubs, no problem, you can join as first claim member of one and second claim of the other [it's all to do with racing] or even as a social member and get the best of both worlds. FWIW icycle seem to be very organised in what they do but I would advise anyone who wants to ride even semi seriously to join an old established club, you will learn a lot more this way.

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Yep cant believe i had'nt heard of them before,i like the sound of the licensed bar and defo agree about the kit,also very interested in their group rides to the lakes,Wales etc.

I did take the 2 weeks trial membership and I have to say they look very well organised. So far both rides I was attending were cancelled due to the weather, but they were constantly updating us (both by posting in each rides individual message board and by personal emails) and I was quite impressed by the way they handled it. I might give a go to their spinning session on Thursday as well. The problem is that if next weekend's rides will be cancelled as well, I will have to make a decision without having tried their group rides really.

It looks like I will be joining both though tbh..

Top Bottom