England : Bedfordshire Bedfordshire Road Cycling Club or iCycle Bedford?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
You'll have to let me know what their spinning sessions are like as i'm quite interested in giving it a go myself.

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
You'll have to let me know what their spinning sessions are like as i'm quite interested in giving it a go myself.

I will. But why don't you just register and take the 2 weeks free trial membership and come along?

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
They say they time your sprint and keep a log after the session so that you can see how faster you are getting. As I said, well organised and (in theory) quite impressive.

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Really? I did check them before but they were very "particular" in regards to the level (speed/milleage). I will check again..
Thanks Tony!! :thumbsup:

Edit: The first ride is Sunday the 3rd of Feb. Same day with the Doc's ride.. :sad: I will try with them anyway, as they are more convenient for me tbh.

outlash

also available in orange
I'm in the same boat as you Eva, their group B rides are a little above me in mileage right now so I'll give their intro ride a bash :smile:.

Tony.

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
In all honesty.. they intimidate me a bit! :blink: But then again, this is the kind of club you will most definitely improve.. and improve fast!!!
(the -small, yet present- vain part of me also fancies their kit..lol)

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
I mean.. seriously:
"If you are confident about your cycling and level of fitness then simply fill in the membership form following the instructions"
and an excellent way to tell you to eff-off:
"For those new to cycling: if you can ride 40 miles at an average of around 15mph* then you will cope well with our Group 2 club run, an excellent way to start riding with a group, developing your group riding skills and building your fitness. If you have never ridden in a group before, we will give you help and advice, so why not give it a go? For anyone not yet at this standard but interested in improving their fitness we would be happy to provide guidance and encourage future members, so please get in touch"
:laugh:
It might be a case of me improving before joining them.. You on the other hand, have the speed and the milleage!

*that would be me on a steep descent.. lol

outlash

also available in orange
In all honesty.. they intimidate me a bit! :blink: But then again, this is the kind of club you will most definitely improve.. and improve fast!!!
(the -small, yet present- vain part of me also fancies their kit..lol)

I know what you mean, I regularly see them on Sunday mornings and they regularly clatter past me. I'm not in their league (yet), trust me! I'm sure you'd be fine on the intro ride, we did pretty much that back in December :-) .

Tony.

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
I know what you mean, I regularly see them on Sunday mornings and they regularly clatter past me. I'm not in their league (yet), trust me! I'm sure you'd be fine on the intro ride, we did pretty much that back in December :-) .

Tony.

Yes, I think I will be fine (just about) on the intro.. but then what? I am definitely not ready for their Group B!!

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Update: First ride with iCycle today and I have to say the people are absolutely incredible!!! Needless to say that the way they are managing their events (posts, emails, updates etc) and the way they support the members on the go is admirable!!
I am definitely going for iCycle!!! :thumbsup:

Hi
Marshmallow_Fluff, resurecting an old thread but did you find a club around the area you originally posted that you would recommend? (if you still visit this site ofc), I am looking for one also.

Thanks

Top Bottom