England : Bedfordshire Bedfordshire Road Cycling Club or iCycle Bedford?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Hi
Marshmallow_Fluff, resurecting an old thread but did you find a club around the area you originally posted that you would recommend? (if you still visit this site ofc), I am looking for one also.

Thanks

Ms Fluff was on here quite a lot, but she's not been around for months.

To mangle Saki: "She was a good poster, as posters go, but as posters go, she went."

GuySJ

If MF is who I think, she rode with icycle for a while and then with BRCC, and I saw her for a coffee in St Neots last summer! Not seen her for a while though. I can't speak for St Neots but icycle and Beds Road are both inclusive friendly clubs and if you are keen to cycle with a group join one and get out on your bike. There is not a right or wrong, just two groups who are keen to enjoy and promote cycling.

outlash

also available in orange
FWIW, I saw Eva on a St.Neots CC ride (SNCC) about a year ago but she bailed out after a few miles, maybe she wasn't feeling up to it.

Tony.

GuySJ

She's dissapeared or changed on FB as well. Hope you're OK Eva, if you see this get in touch. iCycle Guy...

imcdonnell

I have just joined the forum and saw this post on the clubs.

I belong to the Bedfordshire Road CC (BRCC) having joined as a new cyclist in mid 2013.

I have enjoyed my time with the club which offers all sorts of riding and social events.

The Thursday evening 'league' will start shortly with evening 10 & 11.3 mile circuits, TT style.

Sundays are club rides with Fast, Medium & Standard paced rides going out. These are published each week with maps and downloadable routes.

In winter there are club turbo sessions on Thu PM. Tue trying sessions also take place with MTB sessions also running.

There is a club cycling trip to Spain and a weekend coast ride with an overnight stop in Hunstanton.

We also have our Owen dedicated club house.

Members participate in road, mtb, TT, triathlon & cyclecross events - so something for everyone.

Tonight there is a pub quiz and throughout the year are 'social' Captains rides, BBQ events, novelty rides such as the downhill competition which involves a hill and no pedalling ie how far can you freewheel...

Have a look at the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/729513847084533/

And our website http://www.bedsroad.org/
Why note join us for a Sunday ride and meet the crowd.

Top Bottom