Been feeling down of late...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

Not been out on my bikes as much as I'd like to have been.
Mainly due to being so tired after work (WORK STRESS)...and a mix of bad weather.
Been so skint after crimbo too....so never got a turbo trainer.
Hopefully I'll be ordering/buying one on Monday......then at least I can get my legs spinning.
I'll have to use my MTB on the trainer with my slicks until I can afford my new wheelset in March, along with a few turbo trainers accessories....front wheel stand, training tyre etc etc.

Being skint sucks.:biggrin:

Hoping I can get out as much as poss this coming weekend as I have tomorrow and Monday off. :smile:

I have lost some momentum on the bike...but my enthusiasm remains intact luckily.
I have however lost even more weight. In April last year I was a 36 waist and 13.5 stone 5'9". Now I'm a snippet under 12 stone. Boy do I feel leaner and fitter. Something to smile about I suppose.....weight loss even when not cycling.;)

Aint Skeered

Cheer up matey, Turn every negative into a posative, as Lance sais.
The weight loss is a good thing, as well.
Don't bother with the turbo accesories, if your skint, just stick with the basics.
Spring is just round the corner, the snowdrops are out and the daffs. will be soon as well. Hope this helps

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The weather is set fair for a few days so you'll enjoy some dry rides at least. There's nothing like a good ride to raise the spirits (on a bike you smutty lot!).

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Cheers chaps.

The turbo is useful though as I can train in the evenings after work.
I will be getting one...I think in general people feel grumpy this time of the year.....rain, cold, wind and dark nights don't leave much to the imagination really.

With the weather being fair I will be out on the bike as much as possible this weekend.;)

My sympathies, once you've lost momentum it's difficult to get going again.
Got the same problem - first i was in hospital, then i had a cold, and now i've hurt my knee. Even the prospect of a gentle ride brings out the 'can't be arsed' feelings. It's a right pisser, aint it? The weather doesn't help, I must say.

Keith Oates

Janner
Grab the chance to get out on the bike when the weather is not so bad. You may have to push yourself to do that but once out the positive vibes will return along with the enthusiasm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monst

keep going mate ...but why the need for turbo accessories?

front wheel stand? = telephone book
turbo training tyre? = old tyre

then spend the money saved on bits n pieces that will be useful when you can get out on your bike.

above all, have fun.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Cheers for the kind words guys.
I'll be ok after Feb/March......hopefully my bonus will be nice too. Then I'll be getting my new wheels, tyres etc etc....as well as turbo accessoried.
When the nights are drawing in again/winter weather I'll have the turbo ready for the future occassions.
Got my kit in the wash now.....will hopefully be dry by this afternoon for me to go out again. :biggrin:

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Got out and did 27.3 miles. Was very windy...the cross winds were bad.....still...stuck with it...got overtaken by a chappie on a Cannondale....until it spurred me into life and then I overtook him up the hill some 30 seconds later saying how the hill can be challenging at times....never saw him again..;)....blimey...I can still climb....never thought I could go out after so long and climb so well.....
Was full of Phlegm today though.....eiiuuewww. :smile:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Sounds a good ride!
I know where you're at. I lost my Cycling Mojo back towards the end of last year...barely cycled, no enthusiasm for it and when i did get-out I felt it a real struggle.
Had a bit of a break and first outing of the new year felt much better and rode really well. Slowly but surely getting back into-it but Mojo level still only 50%.
Still, the good news is the nights are pulling out, the weather will get warmer and drier.
Just make sure you're riding for the right reason at this time of the year so that it doesn't become a chore. Set some goals for the rest of the season, build up gradually and finish strong!

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

I didn't want to push it today...I got back...felt just fine...not even knackered.....so I'm going out tomorrow.
I haven't been bone idle....only last weekend I did two stints on the MTB 19 miles one day and 19 the next.......I think my weight loss has helped me no end.:smile:

Supposed to entering a local race/ride in early March.......so want to get my miles racked up for that! :smile:
I'm well fired up....my MOJO hasn't left me and it burns well.:smile:
Got a turbo trainer to come next week.....and hopefully treat the bike to some wheels and bits end of March.;)

Top Bottom