Been treating myself

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
I like to stay physically fit so today I purchased a multi gym and a spin bike. My wife asked me to get the spin bike as she wants to use it herself. It will be a great way to stay in shape when the weather is too crappy to go out on the bike.
I am quite pleased with myself at still being able to bench press 70kg (11stones) with ease, I am fitter and / or stronger than I thought.:blush:
DSC_0003.JPG
spin bike.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
That doesn't look like a spin bike, but an exercise bike. I have one not dissimilar (although mine looks a bit more like a clothes stand right now :laugh: )

You really need a turbo trainer or rollers to emulate a bike indoors but the wife may be less keen

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
That doesn't look like a spin bike, but an exercise bike. I have one not dissimilar (although mine looks a bit more like a clothes stand right now :laugh: )

You really need a turbo trainer or rollers to emulate a bike indoors

You could well be right, I wouldn't know the difference without googling it.
edit; yup you're right it's an exercise bike (just had a look on google)

S-Express

You can spin on an exercise bike and you can exercise on a spin bike, so in most respects they are one and the same thing.

IMG_3766.JPG

That's a spin bike.

I really quite fancy this. The trouble is, I spend so much time out and about on my proper bikes, I'd not use it enough to justify it.

tobykenobi

Über Member
As regards exercise bikes and spin bikes/indoor cycles, I had similar to the one above and unfortunately trashed it within about 18 months. I don't think they are meant for heavy use.

I got back into cycling during this time and wanted to replace it with a turbo-trainer. Unfortunately this wasn't really practical as the only place I can really use it is the cellar (getting the bike up and down a major hassle) and my wife also wants to use it (getting two bikes up and down even bigger hassle).

So bought an "indoor cycle" something like this. It can take a fair bit of punishment (had it for nearly two years), it takes a proper saddle, has SPD pedals and can be adjusted to give a similar position to my road bike.

Top Bottom