Been tweaking again, Shaun? (Slow typing in Chrome browser)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big_Dave

The unlikely Cyclist
[QUOTE 3295056, member: 259"]No problems for me on Chrome, but I have a stonkingly fast internet connection.[/QUOTE]
I have 50mb fibre optic and this site is sooo slow on chrome on my laptop.
Edit, On I.E it is running spot on

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Running like a dog here as well on Chrome. I'm no expert on using Chrome's debugger, but the __flash__objectToXML in the VM62 library seems to be chewing a lot of CPU -the call stack seems to have a lot of recursive call to this.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Running fine here in Google Chrome, but I am using Adblock Plus and it is blocking 2 items on this website so maybe that has something to do with it.

Also I have noticed over the past few weeks the site tries to load some sort of referral script but just goes into an infinite loop and never manages it, but not doing it at the moment.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Been stuttering all day for me on Chrome, all other sites OK. Fine on Chrome on my Nexus Tab though. Like a one second delay in the display refreshing.

StuartG

slower but further
Unusable on Chromium/Kubuntu 14.04. Browser indicates it is a script issue and I get hanging for a reply from cyclingticker.com which may also be an issue.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have been playing with Opera's debugger. Everything works as it should until this code gets run ...

Code:
http://r.skimresources.com/api/?callback=skimlinksApplyHandlers&data=%7B%22pubcode%22%3A%2261076X1383750%22%2C%22domains%22%3A%5B%22scitechforum.com%22%2C%22happypetforum.com%22%2C%22greengardenforum.com%22%2C%22tdpforum.com%22%2C%22goodfoodforum.com%22%2C%22craftycustard.com%22%2C%22stylishvenus.com%22%2C%22xenforo.com%22%2C%22clickfinity.net%22%2C%22cyclingwebsitesdirectory.com%22%2C%22theforumsdirectory.com%22%2C%22cyclingwebsearch.com%22%5D%2C%22page%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cyclechat.net%2Fforums%2Fsite-support.29%2F%22%7D

The browser then goes into meltdown. (The data used in the call will vary from thread to thread according to what links are on the page.)

This does not happen in other parts of the forum, so something is interacting with something else inside threads ...

Further investigation has shown that the meltdown does not occur inside locked threads, and the only difference that I can think of is that there is no post edit box displayed in locked threads.

Signature tickers do not seem to make any difference - I can find seized-up threads with no tickers, and quick locked threads which do contain tickers.

djb1971

Legendary Member
I've been getting the mark forums read pop up freezing. I've got to click it 2-3 times to get it to work.

This is on ipad Safari.

This may be ios8 related though.

Shaun

Founder
I did alter one file earlier in the week to fix a FireFox issue where the upload box was popping up behind the browser window - effectively making it invisible - which may be the culprit as I experienced similar issues in Chrome today.

I'll revert back to the previous versions to see if it resolves it (FF users will have to minimise the main browser window to see the upload box until a fix is released - sorry!).

Give me a few mins and I upload it; you may have to CTRL + F5 to reload the js library file.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
Okay, file swapped on all forums so reload and see if it improves the experience in Chrome. :thumbsup:

Shaun

Founder
I still can't upload photos from iOS8 Safari......but I'm guessing that is to do with an Apple glitch rather than anything here. Although I don't have any problems with other sites.

Yup a know iOS 8 issue. The only current get around (until Apple release a fix) is to use an alternative browser. I know, not much of a fix really, but there isn't anything CC or the forum developer can do unfortunately. :sad:

Top Bottom