Been tweaking again, Shaun? (Slow typing in Chrome browser)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
'Tweaking' in the thread title looked a lot like 'Twerking' until I found my glasses.

Running ok on Chrome on my Nexus 7 Android tablet.
Runs like a dachshund on Chrome on my windows 7 laptop.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[Tablet] I'll get back on the laptop and see ...

[Laptop/Opera] Yay!

[Laptop/Chrome] Hoorah!

ColinJ said:
Been tweaking again, Shaun?

I normally use the Opera browser to visit the forum on my laptop but I am having to use Firefox to post this. Something went wrong this evening between Opera and CycleChat. The CC tab grinds to a halt and brings my laptop to its knees so I can't do much on the machine until I shut the browser down.

Nope, not done anything that would affect Opera in that way.

Shaun :biggrin:

Oh, hang on a minute - I did alter one file earlier in the week to fix a FireFox issue ... :blush::whistle:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

:laugh:

Shaun

Founder
I still can't upload photos from iOS8 Safari......but I'm guessing that is to do with an Apple glitch rather than anything here. Although I don't have any problems with other sites.

Apple released an 8.0.1 update that, amongst other things, addressed this:

Fixes a bug that prevented uploading photos and videos from Safari

Unfortunately, after people reported No Service issues and Touch ID problems, the update was pulled. At least we know they're aware of it and looking to fix it fairly quickly, so presumably they'll sort the other problems and re-release the update again soon. :thumbsup:

Those who did manage to update to 8.0.1 said it cured the upload problem - so, hopefully, no long before it's properly fixed. :smile:

Shaun

Founder
iOS 8.0.2 has been released and should fix the problem with not being able to upload files. :thumbsup:

Shaun

Founder
It has sort of fixed it.......to upload photos to a post, I now need to click on 'More Options" and then write the post and upload the picture. Unfortunately just clicking 'Upload a File' option still doesn't work. The upload box appears but is not functional.

Is it still an Apple iOS8 glitch or something on the CC site?

Definitely an iOS issue. Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Shaun

Founder
I've just tried it from my iPhone and there is an overlay / trigger issue that means you need to tap just above the Choose File button.

Give it a go and see how you get on. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom