Been working on my trike today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m6mal

where's me bike
Been working on my trike today. Sorted my chain tubes out to how they should be and also my chain and i can use all my gears 8 rear and 3 front now also put my rack and pannier bag and light bar back on as i had trike on his side to carry out what i needed to do. All i need to do now is tighten my rack etc as i have had enough for one day.
I can't beleive how much i have had to do to put it all right, the last owner(s) certainly knew how to bodge things up and the manual i was given was for a totally different KMX trike. If the owner had studied the manual he would of seen it was different and would not have had to move the seat etc. On the subject of manuals, there are 2 different manuals for the 'X' Class trike as one has i one part frame which has the seat at different position etc and the other manual with the 2 part slot together frame of which i have and the seat goes in a different place due to the 2 different thicknesses of frame where the thinner part slots into the front part where the seat belongs. Also the chain tubes etc are different on this model. It took me 6 weeks to source this manual and KMX couldn't even send me the right version and i sent them photos etc etc.
OK rant over and after i finish my final tightening it should be ready to rock, trouble is i have to get my wife to give me a hand to get it out of living room where it has lived since i bought it on january 4th this year lol. The flat i live in is very small and we have safas to lift it over as one is right near the bloomin door, but once i move it it will be outside my flat door as there is space under the stairs where others goto their abodes and i will be able to lock it and alarm it and roll on when i can use it.
It is rather awkward to take photos in my living room with limited space so i will be posting them on here as soon as i either get it under the stairs near my door or when i go for my first ride. I have also bought a goextreme 4k vision action cam and i can christen that when i go on my first voyage and post the vids on youtube. Hope i haven't bored folk with all this writing etc.

OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
got to replace the pedals as bearing gone in one, so i may as well get some toe clips and straps at the same time as i cant afford cleats etc. @Tigerbitten pointed the pedal issue out when he came to see me.

classic33

Leg End Member
Neither of those linked to any good?

How big's the living room, if you'll have more room under the stairs?

OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
Neither of those linked to any good?

How big's the living room, if you'll have more room under the stairs?

the links were no good mate as i needed 'x' class as said above in my post there are 2 versions, but i am sorted and ok now thanks.....

It is a one bedroom groundfloor flat, i don't have stairs but the stairs i refer to are the stairs to other flats, i am in the corner and there is the underpart of the stairs outside my door.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
got to replace the pedals as bearing gone in one, so i may as well get some toe clips and straps at the same time as i cant afford cleats etc. @Tigerbitten pointed the pedal issue out when he came to see me.
The snag with toe clips is they won't stop your feet dropping out of the bottom of them and hitting the ground, save up and get pedals/shoes and cleats as toeclips are a waste of money in your situation.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
got my pedals complete with toe clips and straps for 20 quid

Note Raleighnut's comment above your own. Leg suck is a genuine danger and injuries can be life changing. (Foot slips off pedal and because the leg is fully stretched and under gravity, it drops to the road where it snags and is then ran over by the cruciform of the tadpole trike) If you decide to ride with toe clips, please do consider rigging a heel strap as well and be careful.

OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
Just gotta make a mudguard now, i have asked my friends on facebook if they have either an old rear mudguard 26in will do or and old 26in tyre then i can make a rear mudguard, if no joy then i will be looking round the skips etc

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Yet another one saying don't use just clips and straps on your trike. You haven't got a bargain for £20, you've bought a problem.

OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
Unfortunately we all haven't got money to burn, at least i am trying and also i cannot afford a pair of trainers with cleats and then buy pedals with cleats on etc. I am only going to ride on roads as i am too old for stunts and off roading, all i have done is recognise i have a weight problem and am trying to do something about it, it is obvious i have very little cash as if i had i would not be asking for an old mudguard or an old tyre to make a rear mudguard. In my opinion and i am not going to get into an argument, pedals and straps are better than nothing as i have some velcro and can attach it to my heel to please the trike police

OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
It's your trike, do what you want but some of us have seen or had this kind of accident and are merely concerned for your health.
i know what your saying mate, and thanks for the concern etc, but like i say as i cannot afford special shoes, i will put velcro on the back of heel and secure so foot don't slip.

If you can confirm your shoe size ?:reading:
I might have some shop soiled MTB trainer style Shimano branded SPD shoes and cleats .
Oh and correct pre owned but serviceable pedals
FREE OF CHARGE :angel:
You only need to pay for PP:cheers:
Perhaps forum members will have a whip round and pay the postage for you :hugs:
Which would be cheaper than sending get well cards c/o Ward X at Kettering hospital :headshake:

Top Bottom