Been working on my trike today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
If you can confirm your shoe size ?:reading:
I might have some shop soiled MTB trainer style Shimano branded SPD shoes and cleats .
Oh and correct pre owned but serviceable pedals
FREE OF CHARGE :angel:
You only need to pay for PP:cheers:
Perhaps forum members will have a whip round and pay the postage for you :hugs:
Which would be cheaper than sending get well cards c/o Ward X at Kettering hospital :headshake:

thanks for the offer, i am a UK size 10

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Cut the toes off , voila spd sandals :smile:
I was going to offer a pair of shoes gratis but again im an 8, sorry :sad:

Sorry to report .....did you say your name is Cinderella ?
You will not fit my free shoes .
Size 10.........so you must be one of the Ugly Sisters !
Hmm...with your current planned system ie plain pedals and toe straps ??
Big feet 170 cranks and kmx geometry increases the risk of heel strike !
Another factor to consider with your weight and built in front fairing (tummy).
You may have difficulty reaching forward to tighten and release the straps.
Plus velcro will create further niggles ?
SPD and Look plus other cleat systems are fuss free and because of the stiff soles will make you more efficient and of course comfortable .
Unless you had intended to use carpet slippers or flip flops for cycling W@//TY!!!!!
The trike offers static stability so no fears of failing to unclip and falling sideways onto your fellow riders or toppling into a hedge or ditch .
Forum members might well admit to that silly moment .
Sorry I could not help you on this occasion
But do take heed of sensible advice offered by forum members

OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike

i have just spent 20 quid on pedals this week and certainly cant afford to do it again like i said so it will have to wait till the summer now plus i have yet to go on my maiden voyage and then if i find i dont like the trike etc i will get rid but if i like i will keep but i wont know till i go for the ride and if i get rid i will have stuff i have wasted money on of which i cant afford.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I bet i have some m 520 pedals you can have for nowt, have to check the parts bin.
I prefer something more roadie looking on my road bikes, vanity purely .
Shimano%20A%20520.jpg

FishFright

More wheels than sense
i have just spent 20 quid on pedals this week and certainly cant afford to do it again like i said so it will have to wait till the summer now plus i have yet to go on my maiden voyage and then if i find i dont like the trike etc i will get rid but if i like i will keep but i wont know till i go for the ride and if i get rid i will have stuff i have wasted money on of which i cant afford.

Broken bones and smashed ankles are free so I can see the attraction /s

All this advice and offers to help are not us being a pain we are trying to minimise the chances of you injuring yourself in very unpleasant ways.

I don't think the chances of getting your leg stuck are that high, so there's only a very slight real risk.
Add some type of strap that goes under the heel will help.
You'll then probably be OK if you keep your speed down to minimise the risks.

It's just the end result if you're unlucky and it does go wrong can be life altering.
So given the option, I don't see the point in taking the chance of it going wrong.
I'd get some cleats when you can finally afford them.

OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
I don't think the chances of getting your leg stuck are that high, so there's only a very slight real risk.
Add some type of strap that goes under the heel will help.
You'll then probably be OK if you keep your speed down to minimise the risks.

It's just the end result if you're unlucky and it does go wrong can be life altering.
So given the option, I don't see the point in taking the chance of it going wrong.
I'd get some cleats when you can finally afford them.

thanks mate , all taken on board

Top Bottom