Beeped at by bus driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marbler

Hi guys,

I just wanted to run this by you to what your thoughts were and if I was in the right/wrong.

At this junction (here) I was the only one on the stretch of road coming off the A3 and about 100 yards before the junction itself looked behind my and saw a bus quite a distance away but knew it would catch me up as I thought some traffic might being coming along the adjoining road. I took primary to discourage any overtake however once I saw some traffic coming slowed down to a crawling trackstand and went slightly diagonally right towards the line. As you can see the road gets wider just before the junction. I soon thought I might fall over so put my foot down and then heard a beep from the bus behind me which then pulled alongside. He told my that I had swerved in front of him basically which I don't understand at all as I was basically doing a rolling trackstand.

Do you think it was my fault that I shouldn't have been going diagonally slightly? And that I should have been more straight or looked before moving within the lane I was in? Or was I OK in my positioning and the driver should have been more aware that my direction might change slightly as I approached the junction?

Any thought would be awesome ;)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Complete twat

get a airzound and beep back ;)

lit

I've taken primary here for the same reason, never had a problem from bus drivers, most if not all see and understand what I am doing.

Cyberknight sums it up well, twat.

OP
OP
M

Marbler

Agreed I've never had an issue here before and ride here everyday to and from work. Maybe he had a bad day lol.

I had that tonight at Aldgate....a 254 bus.....zips into the bus stop and cuts me up....so as I go past I shout "what was that?"

Then he blows the horn at me (I mean I didn't even swear and I wasn't aggressive to him)...Im on the fixie so I have no reply....Caught my work colleague at the lights up and told him (bus was right behind us)...Bet the bus driver 5h1t it as next time he gave me a wider pass.I wouldn't have done anything anyway but I felt threatened as he had already used his bus against me to get to the bus stop to save two seconds.

Not all bad though...on the same ride @ Leytonstone I came across a 257 bus driver who was very patient and very good...Brilliant.:evil:

Top Bottom