Beeped at by bus driver

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Marbler, 7 May 2010.

1. Marbler

Marbler New Member

Hi guys,

I just wanted to run this by you to what your thoughts were and if I was in the right/wrong.

At this junction (here) I was the only one on the stretch of road coming off the A3 and about 100 yards before the junction itself looked behind my and saw a bus quite a distance away but knew it would catch me up as I thought some traffic might being coming along the adjoining road. I took primary to discourage any overtake however once I saw some traffic coming slowed down to a crawling trackstand and went slightly diagonally right towards the line. As you can see the road gets wider just before the junction. I soon thought I might fall over so put my foot down and then heard a beep from the bus behind me which then pulled alongside. He told my that I had swerved in front of him basically which I don't understand at all as I was basically doing a rolling trackstand.

Do you think it was my fault that I shouldn't have been going diagonally slightly? And that I should have been more straight or looked before moving within the lane I was in? Or was I OK in my positioning and the driver should have been more aware that my direction might change slightly as I approached the junction?

Any thought would be awesome ;)

2. cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

Complete twat

get a airzound and beep back ;)

3. lit

lit Well-Known Member

I've taken primary here for the same reason, never had a problem from bus drivers, most if not all see and understand what I am doing.

Cyberknight sums it up well, twat.

4. OP
    OP
    Marbler

Marbler New Member

Agreed I've never had an issue here before and ride here everyday to and from work. Maybe he had a bad day lol.

5. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

I had that tonight at Aldgate....a 254 bus.....zips into the bus stop and cuts me up....so as I go past I shout "what was that?"

Then he blows the horn at me (I mean I didn't even swear and I wasn't aggressive to him)...Im on the fixie so I have no reply....Caught my work colleague at the lights up and told him (bus was right behind us)...Bet the bus driver 5h1t it as next time he gave me a wider pass.I wouldn't have done anything anyway but I felt threatened as he had already used his bus against me to get to the bus stop to save two seconds.

Not all bad though...on the same ride @ Leytonstone I came across a 257 bus driver who was very patient and very good...Brilliant.:evil:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice