Beer Gut!??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Thanks for the reply! i know, I'v already kicked the cigs, cut down on lager next! :smile:

barney.jpg

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
so easy getting a beer belly bloody hard to get rid ...I drink michelob low calorie lager best of both worlds

I'm sure that if my fridge was full of Michelob low calorie rather than Guinness and Real Ale I would loose my beer gut. And it would save me a load of cash on not buying beer too, as I would never bring myself to drink the stuff.

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
It won't shift your beer gut. Nothing will. You are stuck with it. Start drinking beer, get a beer gut. Simple as that. I've been trying to get rid of mine for years. I've never been able to. It's been there since I was 17. Roughly always the same size.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
My waist size has gone in a notch or two on the belt, and I have lost half a stone over the summer, through cycling. I still eat cake. I have limited alcohol to one beer or scotch midweek then half a bottle of wine over a weekend. I think energetic cycling can help tone up a tummy.

STEPHAN DAVIS

Hi - i joined a cycling group for a ride on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Really helped with stopping the binge drinking at the weekends knowing I had to something to get up early for. Still enjoy a good glass of wine or two! :angel:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
how many situps and push ups would it take to get rid of it!!! lol. obviously working the muscle groups closest to the deposits of fat will get them to use that as energy if your in a calorie deficit

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It won't shift your beer gut. Nothing will. You are stuck with it. Start drinking beer, get a beer gut. Simple as that. I've been trying to get rid of mine for years. I've never been able to. It's been there since I was 17. Roughly always the same size.
It's no good just riding, you have to cut back on the beer too! :thumbsup:

I developed a big beer belly over the last 5 or 6 years. I got ill a couple of months ago and gradually reduced my intake and then the illness got serious and I stopped drinking alcohol altogether. I haven't had any booze for over a month now and the beer belly is 'magically' disappearing. (I'm also eating less - I am unable to exercise so my daily calorie needs are much reduced.) I'm sure that there will be a roll of loose skin round my waist at the end of this, but the actually fat underneath is definitely shifting. 4 inches off my waistline so far, and about 20 pounds lost. If I were still cycling as well, the weight would be flying off me!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
so easy getting a beer belly bloody hard to get rid ...I drink michelob low calorie lager best of both worlds
I saw a bit of a documentary? a few months ago, Secrety Eaters or something like that. They were tellig a bloke who liked to drink at home that to cut down the calorie intake he should drink a lighter lager like...... Skol! I kid you not (can aid weight loss only as part of a calorie controlled diet)!

I don't actually believe in the 'beer gut' thing! I reckon a large belly is just symptomatic of over consuming on the calorie front and the typical male model for storing fat is around the waist. I had a 'beer belly' even as a kid and it wasn't due to drinking alohol I assure you. The way to reduce body fat is to watch what you eat and get some exercise, simple?

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator

I developed a big beer belly over the last 5 or 6 years. I got ill a couple of months ago and gradually reduced my intake and then the illness got serious and I stopped drinking alcohol altogether. I haven't had any booze for over a month now and the beer belly is 'magically' disappearing. (I'm also eating less - I am unable to exercise so my daily calorie needs are much reduced.) I'm sure that there will be a roll of loose skin round my waist at the end of this, but the actually fat underneath is definitely shifting. 4 inches off my waistline so far, and about 20 pounds lost. If I were still cycling as well, the weight would be flying off me!

Hmmm *David thinks*.

Ozzrahog

not sure illness is the best recommendation for a diet tho

Alun

Guru

That's good news for you, not so good for Potsy and me, though !

Top Bottom