Beer Gut!??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
not sure illness is the best recommendation for a diet tho
No, the 'DVT & Pulmonary Embolism Diet Plan' isn't one that I would personally recommend!

What I would recommend is that CC members who have similar lifestyles to my previous one should learn from my experience before it all catches up with them. I apparently thought that it was okay to be 40 or 50 pounds overweight, spend 70+ hours a week slumped in front of a computer or TV, drink too much beer and then try and compensate with the occasional stupidly hard forum ride. It didn't work ... :wacko:

Try and get some exercise most days, get up from that PC or TV and walk about for a few minutes every hour or so, try and put your legs up when you can to stop the blood pooling in them, drink more water and less alcohol, and try not to carry too much fat round your waist. That's going to be my approach from now on!

That's good news for you, not so good for Potsy and me, though !
Don't worry lads - I'm losing weight, but I've lost all my fitness too! My formerly big, chunky legs are now weak and wobbly. It is going to take me months to get fit again because I am severely restricted in what I can do. Hopefully, I will be back on form by the flattish century ride in Spring 2013, so you have 6+ months to get ready! :thumbsup:

Paul99

Über Member
There is a book called Waist Disposal by Dr John Briffa which details how to get rid of a beer gut. The short answer is to massively reduce the carb intake. I did this a couple of years ago, it's tough because you have to watch what you eat and no alcohol, but it does work.

Of course as soon as I stopped the eating plan the gut returned.....but it is based on more of a lifestyle change than a short term diet.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
There is a book called Waist Disposal by Dr John Briffa which details how to get rid of a beer gut. The short answer is to massively reduce the carb intake. I did this a couple of years ago, it's tough because you have to watch what you eat and no alcohol, but it does work.

Of course as soon as I stopped the eating plan the gut returned.....but it is based on more of a lifestyle change than a short term diet.

But I like carbs!

Seriously though, if I were to cut out carbs and continue cycling a few hundred miles each month I would have a permanent headache, slow down my pace and probably fall off my bike into a ditch where I would be found shaking, gently sobbing and calling out for hobnobs.

I think I'd miss my little belly, we've been through a lot together.

Top Bottom