Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
20170202_175101.jpg

Lush.

Double Hop IPA from a new ish brewery in Altrincham

Full of bitter aloe, Amarillo goodness

IMG_20170202_181656.jpg
IMG_20170202_181647.jpg

My mum used to coat my finger nails with bitter aloe to stop me biting um. I used to lick it off

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Top 10 brewers for 2016 according to ratebeer ratings....

https://www.ratebeer.com/ratebeerbest/BestBrewers-World2017.asp

Heavily US skewed of course, but good to see Cloudwater in there.

Interesting that all the rated UK ones, with the exception of Siren, are in London or about 30 miles of where I live. Explanation for Cloudwater, Magic Rock, Buxton, Thornbridge? Is it the water?

U

User169

Some good points in there. I agree that if I get hold of a rare beer, I'm more likely to rate it highly because I don't want to be disappointed. I'm sure that's why Westvleteren XII, for example, gets such high ratings.

Interesting how some things have changed since 2013 - now it's sours more than IPAs that are getting the high ratings and the desirable IPAs are the more NE style ones, rather than the (now) old-style hop bombs.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
It's just a bit of fun, 3bm!!

Some good points in there. I agree that if I get hold of a rare beer, I'm more likely to rate it highly because I don't want to be disappointed. I'm sure that's why Westvleteren XII, for example, gets such high ratings.

Oh I'm not cross or anything, stuff like this kind of reinforces the idea for many that the US think the planet ends at their border. Anyway when it comes to beer I pity them and their lack of top quality British bitter. :smile:

I'm in agreement with the rare beer stuff too, or indeed with some beers that get this mythical status, Westvleteren is a case in point (as you mentioned), the 12 is lovely stuff but the best beer in the world, no, same with Fin du Monde, Christ I waited years to try this, another the best beer in the world, and when I did it was alright but after the build up I was a bit disappointed really.

Anyway I'm having a Hook Norton Flagship later (from my cheap 'out of date in a bit' case) and I'll tell you now that it'll be better than more than one beer on that list. So.

Top Bottom