Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Just picked up this lovely 8 CD Sun Records set, 50 Golden Years and I'm complimenting this with a Hooky Gold.

20170624_184231.jpg

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Dang!! Many thanks to @threebikesmcginty for this one.

Sensational stuff.

View attachment 358786

How's it settled in compared to the last one? Gotta say I've not had one of these for a couple of years now. Should bust one open soon, say November/December time.

MarkF

Guru
Farkin 'ell! I was in Leeds earlier, had a few, but now in rush for the train, we went in a bar and I told my pal we only had time for 2 halves, gave him a tenner and went for a tinkle. Came back, yep, 2 halves of beer there, asked for my change and there was was none, plus he'd had to top up with a quid too. Leeds. :eek:

keithmac

Guru
Farkin 'ell! I was in Leeds earlier, had a few, but now in rush for the train, we went in a bar and I told my pal we only had time for 2 halves, gave him a tenner and went for a tinkle. Came back, yep, 2 halves of beer there, asked for my change and there was was none, plus he'd had to top up with a quid too. Leeds. :eek:

Ouch!, I thought £4.30 a pint was bad enough in York!.

MarkF

Guru
Ouch!, I thought £4.30 a pint was bad enough in York!.

Last Saturday I took MrsF out in the sun, no 2 beers/lagers in Leeds ever came in at less than £8.80. In Waterlane Boathouse MrsF decided to buy the drinks (whoopee), 2 lagers cost £11.40 and how I laughed........... Leeds was rammed at 6:30pm.

Chromatic

Legendary Member

To paraphrase John Lydon, 'do you ever get the feeling you've been had' with all this craft beer nonsense?

Are stouts allowed?, this is one of the nicest things I've ever drank out of a glass!.

View attachment 358828

How did you/they get it the glass with the top on?

U

User169

How's it settled in compared to the last one? Gotta say I've not had one of these for a couple of years now. Should bust one open soon, say November/December time.

I thought it was great - the best barley wine I've drunk. Loads of complex dark fruit flavour. Sweet without being cloying.

Could be aged even more I reckon as there's no sign of any sherry like oxidation yet.

Top Bottom