Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
20170923_200219.jpg
Not sure what has shocked me the most, liking a Berliner Weisse or liking a beer at 3.2%?

U

User169

My homegrown chocolate porter.

Pretty much what I was aiming for, although I guess it's infected so a bit more of a tang than expected. Nevertheless, dang!!!

IMG_3685.JPG

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If I did a synhopsis of this summer's drinking at Deptford's finest pub, Le chien et cloche, I'd have to say I've been particularly enjoying west coast American hops. Light, pale and infinitely post-ride ( or otherwise warm and thirsty) quaffable, they always leave me with a taste for more and a taste of grapefruit. Citra, Mosaic and Cascade are the varieties I remember the best. Would it be sacrilege to say that the west Pacific coast has stolen a march on traditional UK hop varieties? Or should I see whether they're equally enjoyable in the winter?

Daddy Pig

Veteran
If I did a synhopsis of this summer's drinking at Deptford's finest pub, Le chien et cloche, I'd have to say I've been particularly enjoying west coast American hops. Light, pale and infinitely post-ride ( or otherwise warm and thirsty) quaffable, they always leave me with a taste for more and a taste of grapefruit. Citra, Mosaic and Cascade are the varieties I remember the best. Would it be sacrilege to say that the west Pacific coast has stolen a march on traditional UK hop varieties? Or should I see whether they're equally enjoyable in the winter?
For me I think those varieties are perfect for summer thirst quenching but I tend to head for the dark beers in the winter, something a bit more warming.
Talking of darks I tried this last night, I can say that it was a wonderful beer... 12.8% and so silky smooth.

20170923_214433.jpg

Currently sipping a dark German... ok as a thirst quencher but I'd expect better from Waitrose
20170923_213845.jpg

BBNo 11/23

Session IPA that has Pacific Jade which the bar tender assures me is the best thing to happen to beer. EVER

Also motueka. One of those two things, or both, make for a very good, refreshing, quaffable thirst quencher

IMG_20170924_140903.jpg

Top Bottom